• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which is saddest?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The N word was placed on the filter for specific reasons. Too many posts about Snorkeling, IIRC.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I'm in my local pub Reading the paper and posting crap on a contractor bulletin board using my iPhone . Opposite me is a table of eight people between 20 to 60 who I note meet every week at the same time of 930.

They are doing the times crossword one clue at a time. Meanwhile I am writi g this post on my phone.

Who is sadder?
      Well blow me down. Every time in the last few years when I pop in the group is always there. In a conversation with some regulars who were leaving they said to the barmen, "you'll be busy in a minute the Times Crossword group will be in", to whit the barmen says 'I know it's weird. They've been coming to the pub every Sunday for 20(!!!!) years, you'd think by now they would have finished it'
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You are, they are interacting with real people.

We are just sockies
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'm in my local pub Reading the paper and posting crap on a contractor bulletin board using my iPhone . Opposite me is a table of eight people between 20 to 60 who I note meet every week at the same time of 930.

They are doing the times crossword one clue at a time. Meanwhile I am writi g this post on my phone.

Who is sadder?
          HA!!!! Now there is only five of them left. So they've lost three members in 5 years and I'm still posting on CUK. Come 2025 I'll have outlasted these feckers.

Comment

Given that there are just two choices, this thread should be entitled "Which is sadder?"

HTH.

Comment

HA!!!! Now there is only five of them left. So they've lost three members in 5 years and I'm still posting on CUK. Come 2025 I'll have outlasted these feckers.
              Does killing them off in a Fish Called Wanda style series of disasters really qualify as outlasting them though?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Given that there are just two choices, this thread should be entitled "Which is sadder?"

HTH.
                No doubt they've been here in my local every week for the last five years. As I've been out of the country almost every week for the last 5 years then I reckon we have some form of Status Quo! (Three across, band who sung about soldiers in the 80s)

Comment

Working...
                X