• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are BT any good to contract for.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bumner
    I have to say.... I know someone who's been there a short time and I shout out a "here here" to all the previous comments: Inept, demotivated, unprofessional etc etc.....
    From what I hear, it's not what you know or your capabilities it's how much testosterone you exude and what click you're in......

So Contractors required with Big Balls eh?

Comment

I have to say.... I know someone who's been there a short time and I shout out a "here here" to all the previous comments: Inept, demotivated, unprofessional etc etc.....
      From what I hear, it's not what you know or your capabilities it's how much testosterone you exude and what click you're in......
      do they still work there ? do you know where the building is - I have an interview next week - should I just can it ?
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

no don't can it

Just look at it as an opportunity to 'hone your skills' as there won't be much work to do you can spend your time doing private work / development.

Just realise if you are used to getting things done you need to understand its the public sector mentality as far as progress is concerned.
        Last edited by vetran; 5 January 2006, 12:04.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Vetran has hit the nail on the head. BT is still mired in state owned mentality. Don't rock the boat, don't make a fuss, sit quietly in the corner and do as you're told (even if that means you mostly do nothing).

If you are the go-getting, dynamic, pro-active sort of person, you will hate every second of it.

Comment

Exactly.....

....and that's my friends problem: Go-getta, very high profile positions but now sat surfing and reading non-descript, non-existing documentation.... don't can it.... go for the role.... what you going for? I'll make some enquries for you...

Comment

....and that's my friends problem: Go-getta, very high profile positions but now sat surfing and reading non-descript, non-existing documentation.... don't can it.... go for the role.... what you going for? I'll make some enquries for you...

I like a high profile go getter

Comment

should see their c.v. ......

Comment

Working...
                X