• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We're going to Russia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xoggoth - word bending leads to dellusions that preclude sides from reaching amicable agreements.

Comment

I daresay it does but my point is that such crude uncompromising hostility can sometimes have a purpose, it avoids us engaging too deeply with those of opposing views and thereby finding even more real conflicts of interest.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Engagement is good - Russia is now far less of a threat because our scumbag Govt steals foreign money and keeps it in foreign banks with children studying all around Europe, they also buy Mercs and BMWs.

Compare this with USSR - lack of integration made it dangerous as the more sustainable the state is the more likely it may fall prey to desire to kick some butt around.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
          I daresay it does but my point is that such crude uncompromising hostility can sometimes have a purpose, it avoids us engaging too deeply with those of opposing views and thereby finding even more real conflicts of interest.

Xog, I like the cut of your jib. Johnny Foreigner is a devious chappie, and is best kept at bay with the bayonet. Has a tendency to roger our women, too.
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

That's what I meant of course but was far too PC to say.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              Vast majority of them are Iraqies and those who are not, so what - US is supported by its allies so it would have been hypocritical to object that the enemy was also supported by its own allies.
              So do these so called insurgents have popular support from the Iraqi population?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Not sure, but they do in Birmingham.
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                  So do these so called insurgents have popular support from the Iraqi population?
                  Long term insurgency is not possible without support from local population - they need to eat, drink etc - its even more important in Iraq because there are no forests to live in on their own, so they have to come back home "from work" at night, thus neighbours will see them, if they don't support it then all those insurgents would have been sold out years ago. Its not happening, so clealy insurgents or partisans if you like have popular support.

Not everybody supports them - Kurds would prefer to have their own state, and Shias would probably prefer to join Iran, but they sure as hell have very good popular support in parts that include Bahdad.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    Long term insurgency is not possible without support from local population - they need to eat, drink etc - its even more important in Iraq because there are no forests to live in on their own, so they have to come back home "from work" at night, thus neighbours will see them, if they don't support it then all those insurgents would have been sold out years ago. Its not happening, so clealy insurgents or partisans if you like have popular support.

Not everybody supports them - Kurds would prefer to have their own state, and Shias would probably prefer to join Iran.

So why are they killing more Iraqis than invaders?
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                      So why are they killing more Iraqis than invaders?
                      Because invaders are too cowardly and prefer to sit in their bases and instead use local Iraqies in hope that it is them who will be blown up first - in essense this is the main strategy USA follows right now - minimise casualties by making sure quickly trained Iraqies are given $100 a month + AK to man checkpoints.

Naturally insurgents go first for those who in any country would be called collaborationists.

Say if Nazies invaded Britain and your neighbour would signed up for local police becaues Nazies would pay well, then who would you deal with first? Of course with local traitor because if I won't then lots more will join.

Now blowing people up at funeral processing and churches is certainly a local thing for Iraq - something like this is unlikely to have happened in resistance in Western countries, but that's just the way things are fecked up in the East - another reason not to go there.

Comment

Working...
                      X