• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We're going to Russia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    in other words non Iraqis
    Vast majority of them are Iraqies and those who are not, so what - US is supported by its allies so it would have been hypocritical to object that the enemy was also supported by its own allies.

Comment

sorry Dodgy, that is exactly what an insurgent IS. An Iraqi who rebels and wears a uniform and fights conventionaly would be a rebel. An Iraqi who wears a uniform but fights from the hills would be a guerilla or an irregular. An Iraqi who fights without a uniform from his house would be an insurgent.

They all have the purpose of replacing the regime with their favoured alternative.

I think
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Ermm, a president surely, or prime minister??

They all have the purpose of replacing the regime with their favoured alternative.
        Why not?

Comment

DA - if operation "Sea Lion" went ahead and Nazies successfully invaded Britain, would you care how they would have called you and others who would continue fighting on occupied territories?

This game of bending words to suit best the side they are spoken at is as sickening as what was going on in USSR - there (and still in Russia) special words exist to call the same thing but with different angle, say a foreign spy in Russi ais actually "spy", but Russian spy abroad would have much nicer word - "intelligence officer" (have not got better translation).

People of every country has inherent right to resist foreign occupation - the fact that the occupier does not like it or chooses to call them criminals, insurgents or whatever is totally irrelevant and does not affect statutory rights of people to resist occupation with all means necessary.

Comment

How about a flavoured alternative, Strawberry Ayotollah anyone?

Comment

well I have an inherent right not to have some ****** foreigner telling me how to speak my own ****** language

after sea lion I would have been proud to have been 'a Churchills werewolf'
              or something
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
                well I have an inherent right not to have some ****** foreigner telling me how to speak my own ****** language
                Not many locals are able to pass Cambridge's Proficiency English exam

Comment

Apparently the permafrost holds enormous quantities of methane. Due to global warming, much of this is melting and releasing the gas which is a far worse greenhouse gas than CO2, hence heating the tundra further, releasing more gas, which etc. The so called "tipping point"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/climatecha...546824,00.html

Why don't we harvest this gas and solve both the gas price problem and global warming? We could do this easily by covering the area with 15,000,000 square miles of clingfilm and tapping the gas off at the edges. Same with all the methane hydrates in the ocean but that would be easier. Catch it in lots of tesco bags.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist

Think most of the world would have agreed with you when the imperialist British empire was at it's strength

Comment

This game of bending words to suit best the side they are spoken at is as sickening as
                      Don't agree. Rather I would say it natural and it is how the world works best. Stick up for your own and sod the rest. The problem with more "enlightened" attitudes is that they are always imposed on the majority but never penetrate. The greivences grumble on underneath but worse, because we are never allowed to properly oppose what we disagree with, we find ourselves living cheek by jowl with it and forced into endless compromises of our beliefs and values.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X