• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We're going to Russia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill
    Wrong, it was the Negro in the USA, the retard or exposed homosexual in the UK, the mongoloid in France. Read up on Darwins cousin and the birth of Eugenics.

Let's face it chaps, we just don't like each other!
    Wrong, it was the killing of physically imperfect kids by throwing them off cliffs by the Spartans.

And no doubt someone was at it even before the Spartans. We have a long history of not liking each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
      Wrong, it was the killing of physically imperfect kids by throwing them off cliffs by the Spartans.

And no doubt someone was at it even before the Spartans. We have a long history of not liking each other.
      Good post! And I still don't like you! Not that it matters!

Comment

Thread worm

I can tell you what happened, which is obviously different from what you would like to believe happened.

The British and French had a contingency plan , in the event of a German attack on either France or Belgium, which they followed. They advanced into Belgium to protect the flank of the fortified French frontier.
        The Germans used new tactics that caused major problems, para drops on forts and rapid movement around flanks.
        The British responded by withdrawing VERY quickly (no mean feat) and even launched attacks into the german flanks. They then got dislocated from the main French line so they withdrew away (to the North) and subsequently were evacuated from some beaches near Dunkirk.

this all happened eight months AFTER the Germans attacked and conquered Poland.

At what point your incursion into Germany occurred I am not sure. Maybe it didn't happen and you are just a little confused
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

What about innovative use of mobility achieved with tanks - surely this achieved far better results than para-drops.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
            Thread worm

I can tell you what happened, which is obviously different from what you would like to believe happened.

The British and French had a contingency plan , in the event of a German attack on either France or Belgium, which they followed. They advanced into Belgium to protect the flank of the fortified French frontier.
            The Germans used new tactics that caused major problems, para drops on forts and rapid movement around flanks.
            The British responded by withdrawing VERY quickly (no mean feat) and even launched attacks into the german flanks. They then got dislocated from the main French line so they withdrew away (to the North) and subsequently were evacuated from some beaches near Dunkirk.

this all happened eight months AFTER the Germans attacked and conquered Poland.

At what point your incursion into Germany occurred I am not sure. Maybe it didn't happen and you are just a little confused
            Check your History book tomorrow, after Threaded has been back in his time machine tonight...

However, you must also realise that Britain was in no position to declare war on Germany in 1939, we just weren't ready.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              What about innovative use of mobility achieved with tanks - surely this achieved far better results than para-drops.
              You're just bragging about the Ruskie victory against Fritz at Kursk!

Get a life, we've won the World Cup since!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                You're just bragging about the Ruskie victory against Fritz at Kursk!
                Recently I've been reading memoires published by Manstein and Guderian and it was very refreshing to read their view - it appeared very balanced to me and from other sources it seems to me now that while Nazies failed to succeed at Kursk they actually achieved significant progress that resulted in serious losses on Soviet side - a lot of propaganda focussed on what was wrong, quietly ignoring successes of the enemy side, xoggoth would probably agree its a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  Recently I've been reading memoires published by Manstein and Guderian and it was very refreshing to read their view - it appeared very balanced to me and from other sources it seems to me now that while Nazies failed to succeed at Kursk they actually achieved significant progress that resulted in serious losses on Soviet side - a lot of propaganda focussed on what was wrong, quietly ignoring successes of the enemy side, xoggoth would probably agree its a good thing.
                  So I wasn't wrong then?

Btw, when you become a British National, aren't you then British? Shouldn't you be harping on about our glorious victory against the Germans in 1966?

Now, that should be part of the citizenship test!

Comment

I will probably apply in a couple of weeks - need to get that test book first and pass test - think its required before actually lodging application, not in a great hurry since ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) that I have is citizenship for all intents and purposes - the limits of not being able to vote or not being allowed to be outside of the country for 2 years in a row are not serious.

I doubt very much I will ever turn British - drinking Stella and beating up wife is not something I look forward to

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                      I will probably apply in a couple of weeks - need to get that test book first and pass test - think its required before actually lodging application, not in a great hurry since ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) that I have is citizenship for all intents and purposes - the limits of not being able to vote or not being allowed to be outside of the country for 2 years in a row are not serious.

I doubt very much I will ever turn British - drinking Stella and beating up wife is not something I look forward to
                      For a start, you're too ugly to marry - unless you buy a Russian bride which I believe has been done by certain members of this forum, and secondly, don't you drink real beer?

Comment

Working...
                      X