• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Re-opening the Wilmslow "Is he real" debate:

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Here's the point at which he arrived at the pub, if you want to review the saga
    But turning up and saying "I'm Wilmslow" doesn't mean that he is any more real than turning up and saying, for example, "I'm DimPrawn". They may well be one and the same...

First CUK do I did, I was introduced to many people (yourself included). I was also introduced to Spartacus, but I don't know what his / her alternative ID really is. I didn't introduce myself as any of my sockpuppets, either
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      But turning up and saying "I'm Wilmslow" doesn't mean that he is any more real than turning up and saying, for example, "I'm DimPrawn". They may well be one and the same...

First CUK do I did, I was introduced to many people (yourself included). I was also introduced to Spartacus, but I don't know what his / her alternative ID really is. I didn't introduce myself as any of my sockpuppets, either
      However, the posts from the pub prove that the person in the pub was the one who posts as Wilmslow, which is where Zippy's point comes in

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        Touche - but I thought my explanation was simple!
        'Twas simple, but not the simplest. And you may yet be proved right
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

you miss the point. we are not talking about labels here, it really was Wilmslow

if you see what I mean
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            you miss the point. we are not talking about labels here, it really was Wilmslow

if you see what I mean
            No, I don't.

If I had turned up and said "I'm XX" and posted a couple of times as XX saying I was in the pub, that would prove that I was XX. It would not prove that I wasn't anyone else.

Wilmslow turned up to the pub, but that is no evidence that he isn't a creation of another poster.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

No, I don't.

If I had turned up and said "I'm XX" and posted a couple of times as XX saying I was in the pub, that would prove that I was XX. It would not prove that I wasn't anyone else.

Wilmslow turned up to the pub, but that is no evidence that he isn't a creation of another poster.
              You sure it wasnt really the guy Menaleus(?) you were all banging on about last week, and he's taken you for a ride again?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                You sure it wasnt really the guy Menaleus(?) you were all banging on about last week, and he's taken you for a ride again?
                Can't have been, cos we know what he looks like.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

No, I don't.

For the record he didn't turn up and say "I'm Wilmslow".

What actually happened was that a guy walked past our table who I thought was Wilmslow-like. He rounded the corner and was out of sight, I shouted "Wilmsloooowwwww!" and he came back.

He is real.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    For the record he didn't turn up and say "I'm Wilmslow".

What actually happened was that a guy walked past our table who I thought was Wilmslow-like. He rounded the corner and was out of sight, I shouted "Wilmsloooowwwww!" and he came back.

He is real.
                    And that proves that he isn't additionally another poster? How?
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

And that proves that he isn't additionally another poster? How?
                      What does it matter, he is still Wilmslow
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X