• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seeking asylum from Canada

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I have withdrawn my vote for you.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo, PLEASE noooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      <snip> what I am saying is that in such tragic circumstances trying to act like a **** ministrone is very unBritish in my view, frankly it is inhuman.
      says the russki...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Where did I say that sick people should be put down?

I did however say that they should have been booted out straight away for the stupidity of claiming asylum from a country that has the same monarch as us.

I am also going to say that they got into serious trouble in Canada and that is why they are here now.
        BZZZT- wrong! http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1495780/
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
          I would say that they were in serious trouble as they were getting radiation pumped into their house by the goverment to control their brain waves.

Comment

I would say that they were in serious trouble as they were getting radiation pumped into their house by the goverment to control their brain waves.
            Stephen Harper may be a man of minimal personality - some people call him a jackass for perouging(sp?) parliament not once but three times in three years. But I can't imagine him damaging property by pumping radiation in to it. "Trouble" when you read the BBC page could mean criminal trouble - but it didn't did it? Once again BBC coverage of Canada focuses on the negative. I was amazed they got a camera crew there for the Olympics.
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25 View Post
              The facts of the matter are they were granted Asylum in Canada, then apparently they played up over there, got into trouble and came over here.
              No - the facts of the matter, now that they are available, say no such thing. They did not play up. They did not get into trouble.

Originally posted by NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25 View Post
              Personally I have no sympathy. They had their chance for salvation in Canada, but blew it. Seems to me like permanent trouble makers. I think weve just saved the government a bit of money in repatriation costs.
              As ever, the voice of reason speaks

They didn't blow it - unless you class being ill "blowing it". They weren't permanent trouble makers, and the fact that the mentally ill cannot be taken care of in this country is a tragedy.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                Stephen Harper may be a man of minimal personality - some people call him a jackass for perouging(sp?) parliament not once but three times in three years. But I can't imagine him damaging property by pumping radiation in to it. "Trouble" when you read the BBC page could mean criminal trouble - but it didn't did it? Once again BBC coverage of Canada focuses on the negative. I was amazed they got a camera crew there for the Olympics.
                I have now decided to believe everything that asylum seekers say, I mean why would they tell anyone lies?

And the system will run much better if we believe everything they say and assume they would not be a potential problem living in the UK. Let them all stay I say.

Comment

Sounds like another Litvinyenko case, did they fall or were they pushed?

Both men KGB/FSB, both men spouting wild claims about Russian government.

Comment

I have now decided to believe everything that asylum seekers say, I mean why would they tell anyone lies?

And the system will run much better if we believe everything they say and assume they would not be a potential problem living in the UK. Let them all stay I say.
                    I wouldn't go that far. Of course I don't know if they were in treatment or not, surely they should have been if they were not.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      They weren't permanent trouble makers, and the fact that the mentally ill cannot be taken care of in this country is a tragedy.
                      It's not the job of this country to take care of the mentally ill from other countries, who travel through loads of other countries to get to the UK.

(Assuming you're still on about the 3 who chucked themselves out of the tower block. I haven't bothered reading all the thread.)
                      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                      X