• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moderators Needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Critical parts of any nominations of course are that the nominees have to have the time and inclination to carry out the role, it can be hard graft especially when contentious things happen.
    I volunteer and guarantee that it will be very easy to deal with so-called "contentious" things.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Still got that persecution complex then, tay?

FYI, I have never complained to admin about you. I have better things to do with my time.

Nor have I expressed any interest in becoming a moderator.

And that's enough troll-feeding for now
      Thanks for proving my point.

Comment

Critical parts of any nominations of course are that the nominees have to have the time and inclination to carry out the role, it can be hard graft especially when contentious things happen.
        Tykes right. It's actually going to have to be some who has the time. I cant imagine it's a particularly exciting job having to check a Forum to see if someone has broken the rules or moving stuff to LR.

I couldnt commit to something like that.

Good luck to anyone who wants to do it IMHO.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
          You need mods that will stick with the forum rules and not just protect board friends, and victimise 'enemies'.

Cojak could manage that, NF couldnt. He would use moderator status to moderate the poster not the posts.

If anyone could say he(NF) would moderate an abusive post by Churchill the same way he would moderate an abusive post by Troll... then they are telling porkies!

NF isnt up to the job as he has got involved in board petty politics way to much.

Cojak never liked me much, prob as little as NF did. But she has shown far more class in her postings and I think she would moderate what is posted not who posted it.
          I've heard you're a nice guy IRL, Tay...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I'll vote for Cojak as long as she says "Who loves ya, baby!" each time she mods a post.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Cojak gets my vote. NF doesnt & is like Lisa Simpson. An answer to a question nobody asked! with a sense of humour bypass as large as Gordon Browns. IMHO.

I couldnt commit to something like that.

Good luck to anyone who wants to do it IMHO.
              Why not put yourself forward and become part of the solution and not part of the problem. Might be quite enlightening!
              Last edited by northernladuk; 10 March 2010, 12:18.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Agreed. It can be a thankless task and you need to have plenty of time on a regular basis.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Vote for Bob.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                    Vote for Bob.
                    Vote none of the above!
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                      Agreed. It can be a thankless task and you need to have plenty of time on a regular basis.
                      It's kind of like being a DBA - do the job right and nobody notices; do the job wrong and everyone complains.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X