• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Laptop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Laptop

Ok folks the time has come for the new laptop, gonna pick one up this weekend

decision is the Toshiba Tecra A4 or the IBM Thinkpad T43

Already have two toshiba's and good experience with them so leaning towards the Tosh, but interested to try the ibm and the ibm has a three year warranty and the Tosh only two

decisions decisions eh what does the team think ?

Milan.

Milan

Can you seriously compare the two? IBM Thinkpads are the bees knees. Just got my missus and kids a R52

It comes with a fingerprint reader - very high tech. Plan to get myself a T43p at some point.
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Chico - vanity is a sin.

Comment

Chico,

if I reinstall windows 2000 server on the t43 will I lose the finger print functionality or better still will I be able to get into it if win2k server writes over the finger print stuff ?

Milan.

Comment

You can download and re-install the drivers (or they will be on a CD) but why would you want to put Win2K Server on it?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

to use it as a training environment !

and also to be able to take it on site on contracts as a personal test bed

Milan.

Comment

"Ok folks the time has come for the new laptop, gonna pick one up this weekend"
              • New Laptop
                milanbenes Today 13:30
              • Contractor Laptop
                milanbenes 7th December 2005 23:12
              • These new shiny laptop screens...
                milanbenes 6th December 2005 13:20
              • Laptop Advice
                milanbenes 25th November 2005 12:44
              It's about time...
              Last edited by Joe Black; 2 January 2006, 19:33.

Comment

flippin' 'el my biographer !

Milan.

Comment

I have to agree I am using an IBM T43 and it is the bees knees .. only thing that I'm not that keen on is there is no windows key...

Comment

Question is will MB ever buy a laptop.......

Comment

Working...
                    X