• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here like f**tball

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about it - I'm hoping to get a contract so I might spend a bit of time away from home over the World Cup...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Chavball.

Supported by low IQ idiots, who enjoy 'singing' a variety of 'amusing'/abusive chants in unison, whilst standing in a tuliphole stadium in the freezing cold.

I was once unfortunate enough to be stuck watching a procession of chavball fans drive away from a game - it was like watching Wacky Races. I've never seen such a series of bangers in my life. I think I saw a Jag at one point, but I'm sure he was lost.

Anyone who enjoys screaming 'WHOOOOOO ARRRREE YAAAAA??!?!?!?!' of an afternoon, is frankly a tit.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Sure, football’s the most popular sport, which gives the companies who play it and the organizations that run it a big responsibility to set an example.

So why do football players get away with abusing the referee? Why do they get away with lifting their shirts and acting like morons after every goal? Why all the triumphant pointing and gesticulating and dancing to the crowd after every goal? Why do the managers stand at the sideline screaming obscenities and get away with it?

I’ll tell you why; it’s all part of the show. It’s about encouraging the tribalism and giving the lowest common denominator of the ‘fans’ the hit that their addiction needs to keep them spending the money they could otherwise spend on giving their kids a chance in life on the umpteenth new shirt of the season and all the other overpriced carp that kids seem to need to have to avoid being beaten senseless by the school bully. Football companies don’t serve the working classes; they shaft them, week in, week out, and they enjoy it. Unfortunately they also allow their 'fans' to make life hell every saturday for anyone unfortunate enough to live near one of their corporate HQs.

Nothing wrong with the game itself, in fact I played it until I was 15 at a pretty fair standard, but chose other sports after my dad took me to a couple of professional matches.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I like to watch a good game of footie on the TV and I like a kickabout but the idea of being stuck in a stadium with 60,000 semi literate morons puts me off of going to games. That and the price of tickets.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Do I detect a bit of snobbery here?
            • chavball fans
            • semi literate morons
            • low IQ idiots
            • tits
            • scumbag tulipepants

This is a minority, and you get such a minority in all walks of life.

Perhaps you authors of these terms believe they refer to the majority, in which case, that is because you don't go to many football matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              yes

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                • chavball fans
                • semi literate morons
                • low IQ idiots
                • tits
                • scumbag tulipepants

This is a minority, and you get such a minority in all walks of life.

Perhaps you authors of these terms believe they refer to the majority, in which case, that is because you don't go to many football matches.
                They may be a minority but there are enough of them to put me off going to a game. If not wanting to share my afternoon with them is snobbery then so be it.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  They may be a minority but there are enough of them to put me off going to a game. If not wanting to share my afternoon with them is snobbery then so be it.
                  whs

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Too right. Wheezy-chested effeminate little geeks like you would be far better placed cosying up with fellow Trekkies anyway.

HTH
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                      Chavball.

Supported by low IQ idiots, who enjoy 'singing' a variety of 'amusing'/abusive chants in unison, whilst standing in a tuliphole stadium in the freezing cold.

Anyone who enjoys screaming 'WHOOOOOO ARRRREE YAAAAA??!?!?!?!' of an afternoon, is frankly a tit.
                      You just don't get it. A lot of it is a sense of belonging and camaraderie , football is not all what the news likes to make out, it is not about 90 minutes of senseless violence..

Vs France

Vs Italy

Now people like you may prefer to get tarted up with make-up on a weekend and you don't see us belittling you about it, so try and be a little bit more sympathetic to other peoples sense of enjoyment.
                      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Working...
                      X