• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where did you buy your first pint ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    That was us

Every summer we spent a month at my Grans in Foxford. It was torture... bloody hated it at the time but I look back now and somehow the summers seem warmer & the evenings longer than now. Maybe my rose tinted glasses are on.
    Stick the cork back in and put the bottle back in the fridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      It didn't happen in Cork.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The first proper pint I had bought for me was when I was 14 years old at The Angler's Retreat on the A13 at Dagenham when I helped out at weekends painting railings at Fords (for £30 which was a fortune).

The first pint I bought myself was at 15 years old at The George V in Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill when I stuffed my school uniform in my bag and asked for "two pints of ale". Got served as well. Result!
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          It didn't happen in Cork.
          We need that IGMC smiley
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

For me it was the Top Shoulder in the sticks above Hebden Bridge. I remember arguing with my mum when I was 13 that I should be allowed out but I think I was 14 when I actually made it there regularly on a Saturday night. It was a hells angels pub so it was pretty interesting (it's not now as they knocked the back part down many years ago). I went to one of their do's there where bikers turn up from everywhere and they have bands on and everybody camps in the surrounding fields when I was about 13 or 14.

The landlord bought me a pint on the night of my 16th birthday!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
              In a Northern town called Shildon on a history field trip aged 15.

My mate and I were crapping ourselves while downing a half a larger whilst local 13 YO truants were hammering money into the slot machine smoking tabs and downing their third afternoon stiffener before going off for yet more tatoos.

A bygone age (no such thing as a history field trip anymore)
              I remember doing one of those to the Welsh Vallies. When the coach pulled up at our destination there was a stampede to the nearest discrete place where we could all have a fag. After 3 hours on a bus we were all gasping; even one of the teachers joined us.

Comment

It was in "The Phoenix" in Cork City, a pub frequented primarily by post-Punks and Mods. I think it was 2 bottles of Stag(cider).

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  That was us

Every summer we spent a month at my Grans in Foxford. It was torture... bloody hated it at the time but I look back now and somehow the summers seem warmer & the evenings longer than now. Maybe my rose tinted glasses are on.
                  Strange, we used to spend at least 2/3 weeks every Summer in Foxford, my Mum's family came from there, she loves the place, she used to know everyone in Town practically. We had a caravn and would park it one of her relative's fields. I'm sure the weather was better then, every Summer the weather was fantastic, still have the pictures to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruse View Post
                    Strange, we used to spend at least 2/3 weeks every Summer in Foxford, my Mum's family came from there, she loves the place, she used to know everyone in Town practically. We had a caravn and would park it one of her relative's fields. I'm sure the weather was better then, every Summer the weather was fantastic, still have the pictures to prove it.
                    Was there a girl with a latex nun’s outfit nextdoor?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      Was there a girl with a latex nun’s outfit nextdoor?
                      No, but one of my Aunt's who used to take us Salmon fishing on the river Moy later became a nun.

Comment

Working...
                      X