• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where did you buy your first pint ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because I was tall for my age I was sent to the offie to get booze for my mates from when I was 14/15. First pint bought at 15, some dodgy pub in Notting Hill for about a quid ( I think) in the 80s
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Sawyer's bar, Telford Town Centre.

I was 15.

my mate told some wise words of wisdom "if you act confident then you won't have a problem"
      - was asked for i.d by the bouncer, not a problem thanks to borrowing a friends driving licence
      - was questioned about my star sign, luckily his birthday was 2 days after mine, so no problem there

I'm sure he didn't believe me but let me in, I strolled to the bar and ordered my first pint... of sweet cider (i'd already drank some cinzano before going to the bar and didn't want beer as it'd make me sick )
      Last edited by chef; 24 February 2010, 12:05.
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

made me laugh
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

In a Northern town called Shildon on a history field trip aged 15.

My mate and I were crapping ourselves while downing a half a larger whilst local 13 YO truants were hammering money into the slot machine smoking tabs and downing their third afternoon stiffener before going off for yet more tatoos.

A bygone age (no such thing as a history field trip anymore)
          Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Nightclub, west of Ireland, was probably summat like budweiser and I was 15/16.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The Buccanneer on the Coventry Road next to the Airport, was 15 and a pint of bitter was 32p.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Nightclub, west of Ireland, was probably summat like budweiser and I was 15/16.
                We used to go to a nightclub (and I use the term very loosely) in Charlestown, we got the bus from Foxford on a Friday night... it was shocking! Lots of underage drinking and smoking but we thought we were the bees knees
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  We used to go to a nightclub (and I use the term very loosely) in Charlestown, we got the bus from Foxford on a Friday night... it was shocking! Lots of underage drinking and smoking but we thought we were the bees knees
                  Ah, the jackeens on a tour of the sticks.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Marquis of Granby, Bourne, Lincolnshire.
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Ah, the jackeens on a tour of the sticks.
                      That was us

Every summer we spent a month at my Grans in Foxford. It was torture... bloody hated it at the time but I look back now and somehow the summers seem warmer & the evenings longer than now. Maybe my rose tinted glasses are on.
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X