• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory plan against 'PC silliness'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Conservative Party are considering adopting a tactic from their New Zealand counterparts and appointing a "political correctness eradicator". Tory MP Philip Davies, who was elected this year, said he wanted to wage a campaign against "this silliness."

He cited the example of a Somerset museum which took BC (Before Christ) off labels to avoid "offence".
    This man must be arrested. We can't have racist attitudes like his in a modern Britain.

Yes, everyone knows the world was created at 9am on the 23rd October 6009 years ago, so picking some point 4004 years later to be year 1 is a little silly.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

"******" back in Dambusters

Good to see the "N" word is back in Dambusters, which was on cable TV last night. I forget which channel it was on, but last time it was shown a couple of years ago every occurrence was sound-blanked out. "Hello (silence) old boy. No he's not here, try the Guardroom" .. "It's (silence) sir - they've done it!" What a joke.

EDIT: I don't effin' believe it! No sooner is the word back in Dambusters than this poxy bboard blanks it all out with stars. The word I was referring to starts with the letter following M in the alphabet, and rhymes with the name of that tiger in the Winnie the Pooh stories. (Heh, that should fool it!)
      Last edited by OwlHoot; 28 December 2005, 10:20.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The accepted euphemism is "Roy" as in "Roy Rogers and Trigger"
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I met PC silliness once, the git pulled me over for speeding down the M1

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
            The accepted euphemism is "Roy" as in "Roy Rogers and Trigger"
            Not good enough. I do not want to use the word TRIGGER, as in calling someone a TRIGGER in order to insult them; I may want to quote it when it was used. E.g. if I want to say that I understand that many people find the use of the word TRIGGER offensive, I am not using the word TRIGGER, I am quoting the word TRIGGER. And I despise those who would prevent me from being able to say what I mean because they hold that a word is offensive. Not what I say, but the very existence of the word. GAL!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
              I don't effin' believe it! No sooner is the word back in Dambusters than this poxy bboard blanks it all out with stars. The word I was referring to starts with the letter following M in the alphabet, and rhymes with the name of that tiger in the Winnie the Pooh stories. (Heh, that should fool it!)
              Try n1gger and n!gger

Next it will be black, sorry, bl@ck.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                Try n1gger and n!gger

Next it will be black, sorry, bl@ck.
                "Coloured", please "coloured" !
                "Of Afro-caribbean descent" etc etc etc ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
                  "Coloured", please "coloured" !
                  "Of Afro-caribbean descent" etc etc etc ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                  So ***, coon, paki, and oo-dat are also out of the question? How about gringo, chinkie, frog, and spic?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck
                    So ***, coon, paki, and oo-dat are also out of the question? How about gringo, chinkie, frog, and spic?
                    There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on n1ggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. Do you maggots understand that?

Comment

Working...
                    X