• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It aint easy being a fella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I will practise profusely next time I am in the supermarket until I have it mastered or run out of bags. Is the secret stretchy place on both sides?
    I dont know, but if I had to guess - yep

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Toolpusher
      There's this too....
      How to open a banana
      Life changing stuff. You have opened my eyes!

Comment

I find it embarrassing when the till operative asks "Do you need any help with your packing?" and I say no, then spend the next few seconds proving that as I can't even get the blasted bag open, I obviously do

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I find it embarrassing when the till operative asks "Do you need any help with your packing?" and I say no, then spend the next few seconds proving that as I can't even get the blasted bag open, I obviously do
          Now there we have it in a nutshell.
          No one expected this in the sixties. No one mentioned this in the 'Sunday opening' debate. The social liberalisation revolution we have experienced missed this completely.
          Globalisation - blind to this

when you are at the checkout - SECONDS MATTER

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I have my shopping delivered. They put it in the bags too...
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              I have my shopping delivered. They put it in the bags too...
              Is there a home delivery option where they thrust a load of bags at you and then start tossing each item through the front door as you feverishly try to pack them?

It would be much more like the supermarket experience...

Comment

I usually take my own bag (and go by bike). But the self service tills require a shop assistant to enter a secret code if you have your own bag, so I often use a shop bag for weighing purposes and transfer this to my own bag afterwards. Often by unpacking the shopping from the temporary bag, which can then be binned.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  I usually take my own bag (and go by bike). But the self service tills require a shop assistant to enter a secret code if you have your own bag, so I often use a shop bag for weighing purposes and transfer this to my own bag. Often by unpacking the shopping from the temporary bag, which can then be binned.
                  there is usually a button you can press to allow your own bag to be used
                  Alternatively, just place the scanned items in the recieving area outside of a bag. It will still register the weight, then pack tghem into your own bag once you've paid
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    there is usually a button you can press to allow your own bag to be used
                    Alternatively, just place the scanned items in the recieving area outside of a bag. It will still register the weight, then pack tghem into your own bag once you've paid
                    There's not enough space without a bag, it's a very cramped area. The 'own bag' button seems to have evolved in recent months, but not to the extent that it doesn't call for help from a shop assistant when you press it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Is there a home delivery option where they thrust a load of bags at you and then start tossing each item through the front door as you feverishly try to pack them?

It would be much more like the supermarket experience...

I am obsessed with beating the checkout girl and packing quicker than she can scan. Never manage it.

I worked on a checkout for about a week before getting sacked. I am ashamed to admit that for awkward customers, I used to chuck loaves of bread down, followed by any cans or heavy items.
                      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X