• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It aint easy being a fella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Pogle, I am very serious about supermarket etiquette! I can't understand these folks with this cavalier attitude towards loading the belt. Bread first, are you mental? I always itch to reload it for them.

Don't even start me on the ones who can't put the "Next Customer" divider down. Yes, I am going to put my shopping right on top of yours.

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    and bottles.
    FFS people, bottles should be laid down and orientated with the movement of the belt. If possible seperate them with a soft item to avoid clinking. Dont get me started on self service checkies

WHS

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Zaccly.

And checkout people, please don't talk to me. Please. I don't really care when you knock off. Don't make inane comments such as "Ah. You've got a baby then?" when I am buying nappies and SMA - I will always look confused and reply in the negative. Don't feel obliged to ask questions about said baby if I have him with me - let's just get through this.

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    This is all about the 6 Ps, Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Poor Performance.

First pick a checkout that is in use so you can get all your stuff on before the person in front has finished. Then put your shopping on the conveyor in easy to pack modules. Put all loose items at the back as these will give you extra time as the assistant has to look them up. Also to get round EOs problem as the assistant to help you open a few bags before you start.

Simples!

I love this thread - well done everyone

We went to Tesco on Sunday and I stupidly let himself pack... oh my God, things were all piled in on top of each other squishing everything... Grrr... and when I looked appalled - he accused me of having packing OCD

The nerve
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Mary P , CM , Pogle and K2P2 go shopping

2 minutes before opening girls. get ready

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        The Tesco home delivery without carrier bags is similar ...
        That was ridiculous, three giant crates of stuff and a huffy delivery driver tapping his feet to get his crates back. Imagine your kitchen being right next to the checkout and having to pack everything in a cupboard as it slides down the conveyor, you get the idea.

OH suitably chastised for selecting said option.

The best one was working at Waitrose not long after they introduced the "Quick check" option, where you scanned the shopping as you went around. Worked fine, except every now and then a customer would be selected for RANDOM CHECKING - your typical middle class Waitrose customer would get really offended by this, as if they were being accused of thievery.

Strangely it was quite often bottles of whisky, big joints of meat etc that had been missed out ...

Comment

A woman walks into a supermarket and buys:

1 bar of soap
          1 toothbrush
          1 tube of toothpaste
          1 loaf of bread
          1 pint of milk
          1 single serving of cereal
          1 single serving frozen dinner
          1 can of Soup For One
          1 16oz can of Miller Lite

The guy at the checkout looks at her and says, "Single, are you?"

The woman smiles sweetly and replies, "How did you guess?"

He replies, "Because you're ugly."
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            Mary P , CM , Pogle and K2P2 go shopping

2 minutes before opening girls. get ready

That was Zippy, Cojak and I before we hit Harvey Nicks on Tuesday
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              A woman walks into a supermarket and buys:

1 bar of soap
              1 toothbrush
              1 tube of toothpaste
              1 loaf of bread
              1 pint of milk
              1 single serving of cereal
              1 single serving frozen dinner
              1 can of Soup For One
              1 16oz can of Miller Lite

The guy at the checkout looks at her and says, "Single, are you?"

The woman smiles sweetly and replies, "How did you guess?"

He replies, "Because you're ugly."
              'arf, 'arf, 'arf
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                We went to Tesco on Sunday and I stupidly let himself pack... oh my God, things were all piled in on top of each other squishing everything... Grrr... and when I looked appalled - he accused me of having packing OCD

The nerve
                I know - Mr lje does that too. He seems to think it strange that I pack the cold (and potentially wet things) in a separate bag from the dry things. It's a good job that I rarely go into supermarkets anymore...
                Loopy Loo

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

WHS

I love this thread - well done everyone

The nerve

You still take me shopping though...

Here's a plan, you go into Sainsburys I go into Maplin...

Comment

Originally posted by lje View Post
                    It's not just the checkout - it's the whole shopping experience for me. Horrific. And I'm not even a man!

Online shopping all the way for me. The only good time I've found to go to the supermarket is when England are playing in the world cup. Place is empty - fantastic. The rest of my life I'm happy to pay a few quid to not have to join everyone in bumper carts and listen to screaming kids.
                    What she said and I hate it with a vengance for same reasons.
                    I don't mind popping in to get the odd few things and joining the 'Under 10 items' queue but start mumbling to myself if I'm stood to long there.

Having said this, I have met and dated a few ladies met in Tescos . Nearly complained about one (stalkerette) as she started following me everywhere in there until I spoke to her and realised she just wanted my body.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
                      What she said and I hate it with a vengance for same reasons.
                      I don't mind popping in to get the odd few things and joining the 'Under 10 items' queue but start mumbling to myself if I'm stood to long there.

Having said this, I have met and dated a few ladies met in Tescos . Nearly complained about one (stalkerette) as she started following me everywhere in there until I spoke to her and realised that her guide dog could smell the ham in my basket.
                      FTFY.

Comment

Working...
                      X