• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It aint easy being a fella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Pogle, I am very serious about supermarket etiquette! I can't understand these folks with this cavalier attitude towards loading the belt. Bread first, are you mental? I always itch to reload it for them.

Don't even start me on the ones who can't put the "Next Customer" divider down. Yes, I am going to put my shopping right on top of yours.
    What winds me up are the people, who despite having queued for 10 minutes, are taken by surprise when asked to pay. Cue much rooting around in handbag while rest of queue rolls their eyes. Please make productive use of your queueing experience by locating your loyalty and credit cards before reaching the checkout.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      and bottles.
      FFS people, bottles should be laid down and orientated with the movement of the belt. If possible seperate them with a soft item to avoid clinking. Dont get me started on self service checkies

Zaccly.

And checkout people, please don't talk to me. Please. I don't really care when you knock off. Don't make inane comments such as "Ah. You've got a baby then?" when I am buying nappies and SMA - I will always look confused and reply in the negative. Don't feel obliged to ask questions about said baby if I have him with me - let's just get through this.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
        What winds me up are the people, who despite having queued for 10 minutes, are taken by surprise when asked to pay. Cue much rooting around in handbag while rest of queue rolls their eyes. Please make productive use of your queueing experience by locating your loyalty and credit cards before reaching the checkout.

and eff off quickly once you have paid! JUST MOVE!
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Stop stop - I have work to do!
          Oh wait... no i haven't - as you were
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

It's not just the checkout - it's the whole shopping experience for me. Horrific. And I'm not even a man!

Online shopping all the way for me. The only good time I've found to go to the supermarket is when England are playing in the world cup. Place is empty - fantastic. The rest of my life I'm happy to pay a few quid to not have to join everyone in bumper carts and listen to screaming kids.
            Loopy Loo

Comment

and eff off quickly once you have paid! JUST MOVE!
              yep. They dont realise , this aint shopping, this is WAR. Once you have paid, shove that trolley, follow it with a para-roll GO GO GO

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                yep. They dont realise , this aint shopping, this is WAR. Once you have paid, shove that trolley, follow it with a para-roll GO GO GO

Or find me packing my shopping into your trolley while you try to get away
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I am obsessed with beating the checkout girl and packing quicker than she can scan. Never manage it.
                  This is all about the 6 Ps, Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Poor Performance.

First pick a checkout that is in use so you can get all your stuff on before the person in front has finished. Then put your shopping on the conveyor in easy to pack modules. Put all loose items at the back as these will give you extra time as the assistant has to look them up. Also to get round EOs problem as the assistant to help you open a few bags before you start.

Simples!
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

i never use the plastic bags. we've got half a dozen of those hessian tesco bags. they are perfect for the job and are always in the back of the car ready for use.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                      In my experience this is normal behaviour for a woman and has to be expected.

My cards live in a wallet that lives in my top jacket pocket and can be withdrawn and be ready for use in about one second.

Comment

Working...
                      X