• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bill Nighy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't they charge a 'supertax' on actors/musicians, sports poeple and celebrities who earn over a certain amount?

Say £0.05 in every £1000 they earn? Surely they won't miss it and they'd love to be seen as doing their bit as well?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Why don't they charge a 'supertax' on actors/musicians, sports poeple and celebrities who earn over a certain amount?

Say £0.05 in every £1000 they earn? Surely they won't miss it and they'd love to be seen as doing their bit as well?
      No. I find it a little bit hypocritical for any of us to dream up taxes for other people to pay.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
        concentrate on the Phillip Greens of this country. Biggest corporate dividend in history, paid to the wife, Monaco resident, nil tax.
        You make it sound like he is employee in disguise who uses artificial company to pay himself dividends in order to avoid NI

He took over failing company and made it successful - this saved lots of jobs that pay tax via PAYE, he himself can run it from Monaco and the fact that he trusts his wife with so much money means that she must be loving him for more than money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          No. I find it a little bit hypocritical for any of us to dream up taxes for other people to pay.
          What's good for the goose...
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

What's good for the goose...
            ...is to be stuffed full of oats so I can eat more foie gras.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I had another idea of how the financial industry could help solve some of the world’s problems. Instead of paying extra tax to the government they open a fund for each charity and invest/trade that money for the charity. This way instead of just paying money to the charities they are using their skillset for a good cause by creating a source of revenue that grows and compounds.

It would have to bypass the tax man and go straight to said charity of course…

Comment

I'd like to see a new Bono Tax.

It's a special tax that everyone would have to pay if they were Bono.

Comment

You mean as opposed to £500 in every £1000 they earn?
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I had another idea of how the financial industry could help solve some of the world’s problems. Instead of paying extra tax to the government they open a fund for each charity and invest/trade that money for the charity. This way instead of just paying money to the charities they are using their skillset for a good cause by creating a source of revenue that grows and compounds.

It would have to bypass the tax man and go straight to said charity of course…
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chi...und_Foundation
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      I'd like to see a new Bono Tax.

It's a special tax that everyone would have to pay if they were Bono.

Bono is a prize c , isn't he.

Comment

Working...
                      X