• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1st ever contract sick day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least I've now learnt that mobiles do not float in beer, or the taff river, or the toilet. They'll take a splashing of G+T as long as you don't need the 2 key anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
      If I added up all of my 'Ouch!' items over the years, I would be a seriously miserable boy.
      You can offset the misery, by the number of sick days taken as a permie. Obviously it takes 2-3 permie sick days to match one contractor sick day.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        So, have you totalled up the true cost of last night.

Don't forget to include;
        any apology costs for girlfriend chef
        clothes that need replacing
        that box of 20 lucky strikes you bought even though you don't smoke
        the tenner you gave that homeless bloke
        oh, and a days invoicing

Ouch!

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          You can offset the misery, by the number of sick days taken as a permie. Obviously it takes 2-3 permie sick days to match one contractor sick day.
          I like it.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Been there, done that, bought the paracetamol...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              So, have you totalled up the true cost of last night.

Don't forget to include;
              any apology costs for girlfriend chef
              clothes that need replacing
              that box of 20 lucky strikes you bought even though you don't smoke
              the tenner you gave that homeless bloke
              oh, and a days invoicing

Ouch!
              hmm no but here goes:

meal and drinks before the concert: 50EUR
              concert tickets: 30EUR
              drinks at concert: unknown but i'd say 6@4 EUR each = 24EUR
              taxi back to cocktail bar 10EUR
              cocktails: unknown but we worked our way through a fair amount, the receipt is in my wallet, I'm going to go collect that when the bar reopens at 7pm tonight circa 60EUR
              1 call to gf mobile at 2am, 1 call to gf house phone at 2:15am: 1 bunch of "sorry" flowers delivered 30 EUR and a telling off via text message
              kebab: 6EUR (I think)
              taxi home: 50 EUR borrowed from friend (see wallet issue above), cost 15 EUR
              day's billing: 500EUR

so the total is 754EUR

ouch
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

it has taken you this long to report in sick? tsk tsk

one day pay docked!
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

a sterling effort there

one to be proud of!

Comment

Indeed! Excellent effort!

I can remember being so drunk and stoned within weeks of a contract in the Netherlands that I had to crawl on my hands and knees up the lobby stairs in front of the not-very-amused hotel staff just to get to my hotel room. Then making the pitiful excuse phonecall to the client at lunchtime.

Another memorable one was playing Resident Evil with some friends (with beers) until 05:00am and then convincing myself a quick one hour nap then work would be fine. Again, after awakening about 14:00, the afternoon phonecall to the client was not very convincing.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

offical nagging over and done with and wallet has been collected from the cocktail bar, pizza is being delivered

I need to drink less says gf chef and dont call her home phone if the mobile is turned off late at night
                      Last edited by chef; 9 February 2010, 20:12.
                      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                      X