• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The weekly commute

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Up at 4.45 - left home at 5.30 got to clientco at 8.40.

Nightmare drive in, will try a different route next week.
    It takes me approx 46 seconds to get to work. I was still late...

Comment

My alarm failed to go off this morning and I woke at 4:40 (was set for 4:30) which was lucky. I'd had a shower & shave a mere 4 hours before, so I could skip that in the morning. Had packed the night before also and ironed my clothes, so it was a case of brush my teeth, get dressed and out. Was de-icing the car at 5. Unfortunatley I have to stop this Monday start thing in a couple of weeks when EasyJet shift to the summer schedule which means my weekends will end at 3pm each Sunday when I have to head for the airport - so I'm going to start looking for a new job now!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Got to the office in 2 hours and 15 minutes!

Snowing and windy here in Swindon.
        Respect!
        And I thought I drove like a idiot
        I'd like to see you do the return journey in 2hrs 15 on a Friday afternoon, It took me 6 effing hours last Friday
        12.30 to 18.35 door to door

I'm at home at the mo, with a poorly husband, so I may get the train down tonight.
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Today wasn't too bad, up just after 5am, out the door at 6am. rained for about 50km and then snowed but not too bad. Got to work at 9am which is about right for 300km drive
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Leaving after 9:15am to beat the rush our, in the office at 9:30-35am.

And I can be late also

Comment

I hate it when I can't sleep on a Sunday night.

It's becoming a habit.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                I hate it when I can't sleep on a Sunday night.

It's becoming a habit.
                WHS++;

But that said, my shoulder is bolloxed and causing me a lot of discomfort.

Still, I was up at 4:00 and made it into the office in 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Bloody roadworks!

Still averaged more than 60mph.

Comment

How early do people get up for a daily commute?

I have the hint of a contract in London and am looking at the 1hr 40hr train journey (it takes as long to get to Leeds from here and I did that for over a year...)
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

I have the hint of a contract in London and am looking at the 1hr 40hr train journey (it takes as long to get to Leeds from here and I did that for over a year...)
                    I'm in the office by 7am, but it's only a 40min/35mile commute. This time last year I was in the office by 6.45 after 1hr 30min/70mile commute at a different client site. Next gig will hopefully be supplied from the home office...
                    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

I have a 30 minute drive on motorways near Manchester, and a pretty regular routine.
                      Up at 06:15 in the car by 06:45 in work by 07:15

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X