• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The weekly commute

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kept waking up having had a dream about falling asleep at the wheel in roadworks.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Currently on a multi city trip to India, I never know how long it will take to get to the office on the first day. Sometimes I am the first in, sometimes the last
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

The alarm went off at 4:00, I was in the car at 4:30, arrived in the office at 7:30.

No alcohol at all yesterday! I'm knackered!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
          Crikey, I take about 4 mins just to clean me teeth, probably close to 10 mins for a nice shower, 4 mins for a shave, and at least 15 mins for breakfast (oh, I clean my teeth after eating) They look like . Oh, then it's contacts, eye spray and moisturise time.

I need to speed up a little. I hate rushing in the morning but this morning I was out of bed at around 7:40 and didn't leave until 9!!!
          I should have been a women. Having said that, Norrah takes 30 mins only and that includes makeup. Obviously she only needs a thin layer
          OMG - that takes ages...

The longest I spend is brushing my teeth, however long the cycle is on the electric toothbrush... Even drying my hair doesn't take that long. Plus I don't wear makeup to work.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            OMG - that takes ages...

The longest I spend is brushing my teeth, however long the cycle is on the electric toothbrush... Even drying my hair doesn't take that long any more. Plus I don't wear makeup to work.
            FTFY!

Comment

On the road for 5am every Monday.

M1 was its usual joy and happiness this morning ( foggy too )

Rest of the week, staying locally and normally first in the office at 7am.

Trainee Techno Pikey

Comment

It's not natural getting up such early hours. MOre likely to have a heart attack too?

Today I was up at 10:30 to work from home - yeeeehaaaa. I will however work late into the evening.

Comment

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    Got to the office in 2 hours and 15 minutes!

Snowing and windy here in Swindon.
                    Last edited by Churchill; 22 February 2010, 07:49.

Comment

Up at 4.45 - left home at 5.30 got to clientco at 8.40.

Nightmare drive in, will try a different route next week.

Comment

Working...
                      X