• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The weekly commute

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the heck do people get out of bed and get off to work so quickly? Just a shave and a shower takes me best part of 20 mins, that's without all the other stuff such as teeth, a smelly no.2, quickly wipe shower area around to dry it, breakfast, mouth wash, contact lenses, check I have everything and anything I need to do to the home before I leave.

Please give me a run down on your 30min morning routine someone?

Comment

ooooaaaarrrrhhhh... Just got up, have I missed anything?

Apart from the opportunity to invoice.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
        How the heck do people get out of bed and get off to work so quickly? Just a shave and a shower takes me best part of 20 mins, that's without all the other stuff such as teeth, a smelly no.2, quickly wipe shower area around to dry it, breakfast, mouth wash, contact lenses, check I have everything and anything I need to do to the home before I leave.

Please give me a run down on your 30min morning routine someone?
        Shave Sunday evening. Pack bags Sunday evening. Monday morning, shower for 2-3 mins, dry off, clean teeth, put on clothes, eat a bread roll and drink a cup of coffee, then go. No hair combing as my hair’s cut to 3mms, no fannying about with suits and ties as clientco doesn’t want them. All done in <30 minutes. Have a tulip on the train.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Crumlin View Post
          Hopefully this will work for you. Has for mine and friends I've told about it. Read it somewhere on the interweb....

Anyway, set your alarm for 45 mins before baby normally wakes (ours used to wake at 4:00 every morning) Disturb them somehow, but don't wake them, sneaking in the room and stroking her hair used to work for ours, then go back to bed. Do this for 3 days in total, and hopefully they'll sleep past their normal wakeup routine. It's all about disturbing the set routine apparently. We've now got a little girl who goes 7pm-7am, thankfully.
          Sounds terrifying and alien but I will give it a go. Ta! He is teething and currently nearly always ends up in my bed anyway after I've given up at around 2am and am close to insanity. So that doesn't help. Bad mummy.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Have a tulip on the train.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Have a tulip on the train.
              http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6077464.stm

When did you leave the UK?
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Up at 5 a.m. and just a bit

Am I complaining? ¢€rtain£y not!

Who else gets up at stupid o'clock?
                I drive over on Sunday evening, and back on Friday evening. It makes the weekend very short, and it's beginning to feel like I either have no life or no work.

But at least I don't have to fly. I think I have reached the last straw on that, the airport experience is so unpleasant now.

I would like to live a life without so many guards in it.

Sometimes I think the whole world
                Is one big prison yard.
                Some of us are prisoners,
                The rest of us are guards.
                Step outside posh boy

Comment

I normally manage, shower, suit, hair (blow dry and style) and full make up in 30 mins.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    I normally manage, shower, suit, hair (blow dry and style) and full make up in 30 mins.
                    Somebody will FTFY I'm sure
                    Step outside posh boy

Comment

Used to get up at 9 - in the office at 9.30, but that was a gig 10 min away from home. 8 am these days, feel bad every second morning (

Comment

Working...
                      X