• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coping with bullying in a contract (long post).

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope they are definitely not together. I think he has no life outside of work as when I asked him at the start if he was able to do weekends he said he could do all of them (they get overtime and I thought at the time they actually did something). Am sure she is having an affair with one of the 1st line support guys on the Service Desk.

I have made lots of notes. Baking! Check! Champagne! Check! Casual remarks! Check! Thicker skin! Check!

Am sorting out my invoice as we speak and it definitely helps.

Comment

No one should stand for unprofessional behaviour of that sort at any cost.

If you can get rid of them then do so, if HR are not going to play ball, then line something else up and leave.

All the money in the world at the end of the day is really not worth that sort of hassle.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Every time you spend (say) 20 minutes sorting out the cables etc. just make sure that you point out that "That's the easiest £50 I've ever earned!".

Then make sure you ask how their pay rises are looking this year.....

Maybe they will twig that (in a school teacher-like way) "it's their own money they're wasting..."
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I think that some days but now I think that if I can stick it out it will be character building and it will toughen me up.

Personally am wondering if I am a bit too weak. As I quite like getting on with everybody am I letting it get to me more than it should?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by *Alterego View Post
            I think that some days but now I think that if I can stick it out it will be character building and it will toughen me up.

Personally am wondering if I am a bit too weak. As I quite like getting on with everybody am I letting it get to me more than it should?!?!
            We can't always get on with everyone, we're here to work not make friends, but it is nice to have someone where you work to have a natter with, it makes the job easier and the day go by.

You are not weak and you do not have to suffer the ignamity of what they are doing. If HR are not going to do anything about it, then walk!

The stress is really not worth the money. Start sussing the market out, if you have a weeks notice then all the better to find summat else.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

*Alterego - What is your role?

Have you been brought in as a troubleshooter or are you an interim IT or Service Delivery Manager until they can find a permie?

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                No one should stand for unprofessional behaviour of that sort at any cost.

If you can get rid of them then do so, if HR are not going to play ball, then line something else up and leave.

All the money in the world at the end of the day is really not worth that sort of hassle.
                Well said Norrahe.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  every time the invoice was paid I made a point of stopping off and buying a bottle of Champagne, which I'd stand next to my desk for the day.
                  If I saw someone doing that, I'd just think to myself ...... 'What a knob.'

Comment

Originally posted by NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25 View Post
                    If I saw someone doing that, I'd just think to myself ...... 'What a knob.'
                    I'd have to agree with you there
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Sounds like you're a peaceful person, so may be better to try and resolve amicably. I don't think living with it is an option - a feeling of dread as you pull into the office carpark is not a great way to start the day.
                      Depends how hostile they are I guess - I've sometimes found that asking someone for advice (ensuring they know the answer!) helps to make them feel better about themselves and realise you're not taking a 'superior' position.
                      Failing that, you could try this!

Hope you get it resolved - sounds like a horrible situation.

Comment

Working...
                      X