• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Coping with bullying in a contract (long post)."

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by *Alterego View Post
    ...I am the last person to think contractors deserve IR35 ...
    Don't worry, we'll still track you down and shoot you like the dog you are...

...oh, sorry, slight misunderstanding there.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    I should add that there are two alterego's. Have emailed admin about it and they said that they can give me a new name but I never bothered. The posts are not mine when you click on my username. There is one user called AlterEgo with 7 posts which is not me as I have 160 and did not join in 2006.

I am the last person to think contractors deserve IR35 as I have been contracting for over 5 years and hope to continue.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I've not been following all the details, and one can only guess anyway. But it sounds like part of the problem may have been you getting too pally with this "not very useful" guy, and by association being tarred with the same brush ("birds of a feather" and all that).
    They are a team of useless people. Some nice and some bullies. I try and get on with all but two bully me and make my life miserable. If I had the choice I would fire the lot of them and rebuild but I have no power to do so.

Unfortunately the bully did not go which I would want first than people that are at least bearable to put up with in this period of transition. I am sitting tight hoping they all go.

Thanks Bagpuss. It is unfortunately the case. Choice of username Alterego as it is my favourite watch by Tag never bought but always loved. Yes I have had a whine about it as I felt miserable. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    [QUOTE=Bagpuss;1066532]I don't believe this thread, why?

1/ The same old Attention seeking dilema thread template
    2/ The poster is called "Alterego"
    3/ Implied contractors deserve IR35 in previous posts

Just waiting for a charity event announcement, or revelation of some terrible illness[/QUOTE

Cynical Toi?

Well I suppose we've had a deluge of Suity's ramblings, one would be inclined to think in the same way about other similar posts from other members.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I don't believe this thread, why?

Just waiting for a charity event announcement, or revelation of some terrible illness

she is a lady. you dont think........

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I don't believe this thread, why?

Just waiting for a charity event announcement, or revelation of some terrible illness

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

.. PS One of them has completely gone. Not sure the details but he is never to return. Shame, as he was a nice chap, but not very useful.
    I've not been following all the details, and one can only guess anyway. But it sounds like part of the problem may have been you getting too pally with this "not very useful" guy, and by association being tarred with the same brush ("birds of a feather" and all that).

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    One down...

Sounds like a result.
    Yep!

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    PS One of them has completely gone. Not sure the details but he is never to return. Shame, as he was a nice chap, but not very useful.
    One down...

Sounds like a result.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Just a quick update and thanks for all the posts. First day back in the office after a week of travel and one of them is actually playing ball. Speaking to me like nothing was wrong and all about work and it was actually ok. If he hates me it is fine but at least we can be amicable.

The other one has now moved desks thank god so I do not even need to be near her at all.

Not All There – That will soon be me. Unfortunately my relationship has taken a bit of a hammering due to how down I have been. It is picking up though.

PS One of them has completely gone. Not sure the details but he is never to return. Shame, as he was a nice chap, but not very useful.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Just a quick update and thanks for all the posts. First day back in the office after a week of travel and one of them is actually playing ball. Speaking to me like nothing was wrong and all about work and it was actually ok. If he hates me it is fine but at least we can be amicable.

The other one has now moved desks thank god so I do not even need to be near her at all.

Not All There – That will soon be me. Unfortunately my relationship has taken a bit of a hammering due to how down I have been. It is picking up though.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    This is you, isn't it.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I once had a snotter, ball-bag, oafish scum sucker, ask me 'what I was doing there' in a very bullyish way.
    I told him that I started out driving a taxi, with two or three passengers, but I wanted more, so I became a mini bus driver with six passengers. Then I was offered a massive upgrade to become a coach driver with 60 passengers, but I turned it down and came here instead.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    I've been known to hum/mumble the theme tune to The Muppet Show.
    I have it as a ringtone on my mobile for certain people.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    If you do decide to jack it in, you could do a blog* about your experiences.
    Until the Mail gets hold of the blog, completely distorts what you write and then threatens your job and ability to work in a particular market sector ever again.

But that wouldn't happen, would it?

Oh.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X