• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maggie was right

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yes often choice is a very bad thing, especially when party that was offered a choice can't or won't see strategic implications of making new suddenly available choice.
    Thank you for clarifying your position. You obviously feel that the government should make choices for people, whereas I feel the government should leave people to make their own choices. Your faith in authority to make good decisions for your life is your choice, but please don't force it upon other people.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Give me strength!

I said people are much more likely to look after their home carefully if they rent it.

People are much more likely to look after their car if they own it than if they rent it.
      I think you're having trouble articulating what you mean.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

You can play with words as much as you like but you are effectively borrowing money and repaying it on the spurious notion that the greedy fool (investor) will make a fat return.
        We don't borrow the money - we sold what we owned (shares) to get the money which are now owned by the company, which in turn owned by shareholders.

It's not debt.

Like the dot com boom when "equity investment" was rife, This in turn brought the economy down. What you are doing is no different-in fact it is worse because the dot com companies had no value or no revenue- Your investor is clearly young enough not to remember the dot com crash.
        You are so digging yourself deeper and deeper

Let's talk about it this time next year Rodders

Comment

Yes often choice is a very bad thing, especially when party that was offered a choice can't or won't see strategic implications of making new suddenly available choice.
          What gives you the right to choose an investor to put money (that is probably not his anyway) into your business?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

We don't borrow the money - we sold what we owned (shares) to get the money which are now owned by the company, which in turn owned by shareholders.
            Why do you feel that you should be allowed to choose how you finance your business while you would deny people the choice to buy their rented home?

Don't you feel that the government could take better business decisions for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Thank you for clarifying your position. You obviously feel that the government should make choices for people, whereas I feel the government should leave people to make their own choices. Your faith in authority to make good decisions for your life is your choice, but please don't force it upon other people.
              I don't feel that the Govt should make choices for people - it should not offer false ones, ie: get this house because we are so generous (just elect us), no, not at all - Govt should create policies that encourage people to earn and buy their own houses, not suddenly gifting them.

It's my opinion that I am not forcing on other people since I am in no position to do so, yet.

Comment

Believe it or not some freeborn people choose to sell themselves to become gladiators in Ancient Rome...

At one point so many choose this, they had to make a law to stop them.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

What gives you the right to choose an investor to put money (that is probably not his anyway) into your business?
                  Well, if it's my business then who do you think should make the decision, you?

Comment

I don't feel that the Govt should make choices for people - it should not offer false ones, ie: get this house because we are so generous (just elect us), no, not at all - Govt should create policies that encourage people to earn and buy their own houses, not suddenly gifting them.

It's my opinion that I am not forcing on other people since I am in no position to do so, yet.
                    The houses obviously weren't 'gifted' to people because if that was the case they wouldn't have had to take out mortgages to pay for them.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                      Believe it or not some freeborn people choose to sell themselves to become gladiators in Ancient Rome...

At one point so many choose this, they had to make a law to stop them.
                      Maybe they should make a movie about it...

Comment

Working...
                      X