• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Walking off the contract..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly my point. And going back to Daywalker's example, (and if I understand it properly, by no means a given from the English he uses! ) non-payment is a perfectly valid reason to consider the contract terminated and to walk away immediately. That is a long, long way away from chickening out because you can't hack it.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
      well, i can see from the threads, walking is not a well supported decision.

basically, the contract states along with my interview to come onto the project and start promoting and populating the system.

since i have started, the guys implementing it have had problem after problem. it still is not ready for launch, therefore making my job using it very difficult.

the only reason im thinking of walking is that i have been offfered another 6month starting asap, by another agent.
      So you're just looking for an excuse to leave...

OK, tell your pimp you're not happy. Give him chance to replace you, leave properly.

Comment

Nothing wrong with that English,

Although I had expected no matter what I had advised, some **** would have complained about the English.

Short, sharp and to the point.

Comment

Lots wrong with the English (mainly the punctuation) but don't worry about it, I wasn't being serious (we'll leave the grammar corrections to Fleetwood!). I at least understood the point you were making, which is what it's all about...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Yes and I actually agree with your point!

el duder, it is a jungle out there, look after yourself.

Comment

FreeWilly,

how old are you now, 28 ?

What happened to the CM/KM Practitioner ?

Anyway that aside, the role you have, managing the change between the delivery team and business also known as the users is for sure never an easy task, however as has already been said, you are a contractor and your job is to sort this out

furthermore as was also already said, once you walk once, it will be much easier to walk again in the future and will be no good for your confidence, stamina, stability, pride etc, you'll become a whinging little quitter and if that's what you want to be then go and be a permy

if you want to be a contractor, then do the rest of the contracting community a favour and be professional and get the job done, it's a 6 months contract and these are not to be sniffed at

rise above your colleagues and use the opportunity to learn and develop new techniques to motivate those around you to do what you want by understanding what motivates them, you will only benefit from this in the long term

if you do succeed in doing what is described above you could carve yourself out a nice little niche of being able to go into places where others would walk and turn projects around to enable a successful conclusion, this kind of experience and reputation would do you well for the long term

try to see the bigger picture and think further than the end of this week

sort yourself out you whinging little twerp

Milan.

Comment

Mr Milan

great post.

yep, the CM/KM practioner is going well. that exactly what i am doing in this project.

its a great thread, and one i wholly beleive in. its struck a cord.

milan, your the man.

Comment

For once I agree with the tape changer. Better to stick it and get fired than to quit. Why not be really aggressive, grab the problems by the balls and give them a good shake (to mix metaphors). There is a quote somewhere that the man who battles through the furnace becomes steel. Start thinking in terms of seizing the challenges and exploiting them for your benefit.

The youth of today, soft as tulipe!
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I agree with Milan too.
                    I mean, at least give it a good go, before giving up completely. None of our jobs are supposed to be easy - sometimes you find a contract that is, but it is an exceptional treat to enjoy as opposed to the norm.
                    I would give it another couple of months, and walk then if it gets worse or no better
                    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

yup

i have decided to stay put, and re-assess in 3months.

im still speaking with the 'other client' and seeing what the deal is on the other contract anyways as a backup.

no harm in finding out whats happening.

but your right, and i no deep down that was what i was going to do anyway.

i jsut didnt want to get to the state where unessecary blame is pushed onto people and people gettign sacked. in times like these, people want to push the blame onto someone else very quickly. soemthing i was exposed to in my first 4days on the project. I wanted to stay above or ahead of that.

that was my reason for thinking of walking.

Comment

Working...
                      X