• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Walking off the contract..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

identity

So El Duder is Spriteboy ?

Aren't you glad that you took our (the board's) advice and went abroad ? Go on give us some good stories about the long nights on the "piste"

On to your original post, if you want to appear professional, walking out isn't the way to go. Unless it's making you ill, fight for your professional integrity ... You may want to work for some of those managers again some day.

Comment

Originally posted by doug_walters
      You still in the hunt for a contract/proper job ?

I recommend that you start learning Ruby then Ruby on Rails i.e.

http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/
      http://www.rubyonrails.org/

Apart from that, sorry to hear that the M*sterc*rd number was up, that was a nice little earner.

Life good ?
      Life's fuking awful, J. Mme. Fleetwood wants a divorce and I haven't worked in 6 months. Change the name of our last contract, there's a good chap. You'll blow my cover. How are K and little M? Did K sell her house and move in with you in the end?
      As for the pointy-clicky languages you're on about, forget it. I'm a mainframe dinosaur, you know that.
      We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
        Life's fuking awful, J. Mme. Fleetwood wants a divorce and I haven't worked in 6 months. Change the name of our last contract, there's a good chap. You'll blow my cover. How are K and little M? Did K sell her house and move in with you in the end?
        As for the pointy-clicky languages you're on about, forget it. I'm a mainframe dinosaur, you know that.

Well Mr. F. There are plenty of 6-figure jobs, at least in London.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'll take a 6-figure job in London. Where do you find them???
          We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

This worked for me.

I needed to get out of a crap contract quickly. - Much Better offer

I was contracted via an agency to Computer centre working for a finance house.

I'd been there 3 weeks and got to know the client quite well.

I rang the agent and told them I wanted to leave in 1 week.

Agent Rang Computer centre - Computer centre said no way - even offered a pay rise.

The old pimp way they will sue us we'll sue you - Blah de blah.

I thought for about 5mins and decided I wanted the other contract more.

I rang the agent - got him to repeat the we'll sue you part - then pulled the ace card.

Me - "So you’re going to sue me if I leave on Friday"
            Pimp "Yes"
            Me - "If you sue me your not going to pay me for the work I've already done are you"
            Pimp - Thinking He's in winning mode "That's right"
            Me - "Okay. I'm walking off site right now"
            Pimp - In oh feck mode "Please don't do anything for 10 mins"
            Me - "Okay"
            Pimp 5 mins later "No worries, It's all good for you to leave on Friday"
            Me - "Great"
            Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Working...
            X