• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Walking off the contract..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies Rebecca. That should have read:

The man/woman who battles through the furnace becomes steel.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
      i have decided to stay put, and re-assess in 3months.

im still speaking with the 'other client' and seeing what the deal is on the other contract anyways as a backup.

no harm in finding out whats happening.

but your right, and i no deep down that was what i was going to do anyway.

i jsut didnt want to get to the state where unessecary blame is pushed onto people and people gettign sacked. in times like these, people want to push the blame onto someone else very quickly. soemthing i was exposed to in my first 4days on the project. I wanted to stay above or ahead of that.

that was my reason for thinking of walking.
      An ideal situation to develop your political skills, methinks
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Sometimes a project looks like hell at first but after a while you find your feet and start to have a bit more control over it.

Tough it out a while - the option to quit is always there. I've never had a problem with 3-5 month gaps in the cv so you have nothing to lose.

In the meantime think positively, like about how many cans of Sprite you are earning an hour.

Comment

no harm in finding out whats happening.

but your right, and i no deep down that was what i was going to do anyway.

i jsut didnt want to get to the state where unessecary blame is pushed onto people and people gettign sacked. in times like these, people want to push the blame onto someone else very quickly. soemthing i was exposed to in my first 4days on the project. I wanted to stay above or ahead of that.
          what's
          you're
          know
          just
          didn't
          unnecessary
          getting
          something

FFS.

Fleetward.

Comment

Willy,

maybe don't take it all so seriously

also, got any more photo's of your recent conquests ?

how was it in the mountains, servicing all the chalet girls ?

Milan.

Comment

thank you sasguru! Much better

El Duder, think of it in a Chico frame of mind: the other offer was just there to tempt you. Will you succomb to the evil of temptation? By refusing to, you are making yourself a stronger person and this will in turn ensure you have the steel to face the demons inherent to your current contract and vanquish them.
              OK back to normal
              Think of it as an opportunity to see for yourself what you're made of. After all you are still getting paid, hopefully a decent rate, so you are learning and earning at the same time.
              Chico, what time is it?

Comment

I've only ever walked once - and that was after 2 weeks - and in my only permie job since '94.

If it ain't what they say it is, why waste your time and theirs?

I actually managed to leave on good terms as well.

Comment

I walked once, after two weeks. It doesn't appear on my CV.
                  hth
                  We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Fleetwood walking

Originally posted by Fleetwood
                    I walked once, after two weeks. It doesn't appear on my CV.
                    hth
                    You still in the hunt for a contract/proper job ?

I recommend that you start learning Ruby then Ruby on Rails i.e.

http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/
                    http://www.rubyonrails.org/

Apart from that, sorry to hear that the M*sterc*rd number was up, that was a nice little earner.

Life good ?

Comment

Originally posted by Daywalker
                      Yes and I actually agree with your point!

el duder, it is a jungle out there, look after yourself.
                      Wasnt it Bob Hope who said in a speech to some college kids...

Its a jungle out there ... dont go there !

Comment

Working...
                      X