• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That's it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    You must be the village idiot SasGuru keeps going on about.
    He's not the idiot that:

1) Doesn't update his TomTom.
    2) Can't read a map.
    3) Gets upset with technology to the point of anger.
    4) Missed a day on site because of 1 & 2 & 3.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      He's not the idiot that:

2) Can't read a map.

Comment

Originally posted by George Parr View Post
        Get back in your car and head back to clientco. On the way repeat the mantra ' I am a tiger'.
        Home is for us benchees only, you've no right to be there.
        I have a 9:30 requirements workshop I must host. I cancelled the last one due to a family crisis. This one must go ahead.

Yesterday started breathtakingly badly as well. I had an 8am requirements workshop, by web ex. Could not log in to ClientCos systems. I had reset my password last Friday as requested "Your password is about to expire ...."

Monday morning first thing I'm Skyping everyone cancelling the meeting at 7:55am as I am having log in problems. It's bad enough I've got behind with work because of last week, but in trying to catch up, all these mutherflipping time vampires keep popping up and shatting all over any attempt I make to recover lost ground / credibility.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          I'm pissed off too.

I could rip someone's head off & spit down the pipe.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Really fed up. Life just seems like one long procession of things going wrong. HDD failure on main box, wireless router failure, washing machine packed up, wireless router packed up, boiler breaks down.
            don't forget the 15 foot of snow that came in through the roof

Comment

I have a 9:30 requirements workshop I must host. I cancelled the last one due to a family crisis. This one must go ahead.

Yesterday started breathtakingly badly as well. I had an 8am requirements workshop, by web ex. Could not log in to ClientCos systems. I had reset my password last Friday as requested "Your password is about to expire ...."

Monday morning first thing I'm Skyping everyone cancelling the meeting at 7:55am as I am having log in problems. It's bad enough I've got behind with work because of last week, but in trying to catch up, all these mutherflipping time vampires keep popping up and shatting all over any attempt I make to recover lost ground / credibility.
              I've been through some of that in the past - try to stay calm it helps.

Next time you are passing by Watford, wave at us as you go by
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Ah. So you're in work.

At lunchtime buy a sandwich, then go out and keep your eyes on the ground. See if you can find 2 or 3 woodlice. Gather them up and when you go back, remove the ball from someone's mouse, put some butter/marge from the sandwich on the rollers, pop the woodlice in and put the ball back. (I only suggest woodlice because most people would have trouble doing this with the proper creature: a slug.)

Piss in the coffee machine.

Fill your bag with stolen stationery.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  Ah. So you're in work.

At lunchtime buy a sandwich, then go out and keep your eyes on the ground. See if you can find 2 or 3 woodlice. Gather them up and when you go back, remove the ball from someone's mouse, put some butter/marge from the sandwich on the rollers, pop the woodlice in and put the ball back. (I only suggest woodlice because most people would have trouble doing this with the proper creature: a slug.)

You really do have too much time on your hands, Dickie...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    He's not the idiot that:

2) Can't read a map.
                    1) How did you decide that? TomTom is up to date. It's just rubbish. And keeps crashing.
                    2) No while driving, no. You dullard.
                    3) Don't we all from time to time? I wish you interesting times with your equipment you ....... troll.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                      Ah. So you're in work.

Working from home. Running the workshop successfully, until the brand new £160 Cisco Linksys router crashed, thus ending the workshop.

Comment

Working...
                      X