• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: That's it

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "That's it"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Isn't there a TPD 2?
    Yep. So off you go, dip your toe in the water and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    But their houses are worth a fortune, so that's OK.

I live a life that's filled with riches beyond what bricks and mortar could offer...

Chance favours the prepared mind while fortune favours the foolish,

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    SY01,

Do you now see why some of us want TPD back?
    Isn't there a TPD 2?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    wibble

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You Londoners - got to be some of the most stressed out people, and for what?

Did anybody here watch British Families: Money on BBC 2 last night? They interviewed those 50+ hour a week folks earning big bucks, material obsession, I thought he looks like someone approaching retirement. Turned out he was in his mid-twenties

To sum it up, it's all Thatcher fault...
    But their houses are worth a fortune, so that's OK.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Working from home. Running the workshop successfully, until the brand new £160 Cisco Linksys router crashed, thus ending the workshop.
    There's your problem. Try to avoid using brand new expensive kit for something critical.

Give it time to get over teething problems first. AKA testing it thoroughly first.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I take it you work a fraction of what your software will, or maybe it's the other way around?
    No mate, I'm back on a daily rate...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I'm working on Software that has to work 24/7-365.25 days a year.
    I take it you work a fraction of what your software will, or maybe it's the other way around?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    You Londoners - got to be some of the most stressed out people, and for what?

Did anybody here watch British Families: Money on BBC 2 last night? They interviewed those 50+ hour a week folks earning big bucks, material obsession, I thought he looks like someone approaching retirement. Turned out he was in his mid-twenties

To sum it up, it's all Thatcher fault...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I'm working on Software that has to work 24/7-365.25 days a year.

Funnily enough, it does have an external interface to Tom-Tom...

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I posted here whilst sat in the ski lift the other day.

It felt ever so clever.

The ski-lift that is. Carries on working even though there're all those people using it, constantly.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Sometimes you are the pigeon, sometimes you are the statue.

Roll with it

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Drink 3 cans of stella tonight

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    SY01,

Do you now see why some of us want TPD back?
    I'm not sure we should let him in to TPD, he'll only break it

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    I have time to rant on here, while I wait for the router to reboot.
    Just out of interest, how are you posting on here while the router is rebooting?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Ah. So you're in work.

At lunchtime buy a sandwich, then go out and keep your eyes on the ground. See if you can find 2 or 3 woodlice. Gather them up and when you go back, remove the ball from someone's mouse, put some butter/marge from the sandwich on the rollers, pop the woodlice in and put the ball back. (I only suggest woodlice because most people would have trouble doing this with the proper creature: a slug.)

Piss in the coffee machine.

Fill your bag with stolen stationery.
    Am I the only person who thinks this is mean on the woodlice
    Unless you meant get ones that were already dead..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X