• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cash4Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I accept that.

But I don't want to live in a society where professionals take that viewpoint.
    What do you think Banks, Insurance Companies, Supermarkets etc. do?

FFS, it's the way business works.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      What do you think Banks, Insurance Companies, Supermarkets etc. do? FFS, it's the way business works.
      Which leads to the logical conclusion that where gaining a profit is concerned, ethics and morals have no place.

But that will make for a very tulipty world indeed.

Why should people - who can feel pain and suffering - be subservient to the desire of organisations to make money? We would be worse off than under the feudal system; at least there one could appeal to the King.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Which leads to the logical conclusion that where gaining a profit is concerned, ethics and morals have no place.

Why should people - who can feel pain and suffering - be subservient to the desire of organisations to make money? We would be worse off than under the feudal system; at least there one could appeal to the King.
        Welcome to reality.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

On Radio 4 yesterday a buddhist monk very eloquently explained the difference between what a person needs and what a person wants.

Having ones needs met leads to happiness
          Ones wants tend to lead to unhappiness.

We should remember that in our lives. I will try to.

<BB wanders off humming appropriate Stones tune/>
          Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I accept that.

But I don't want to live in a society where professionals take that viewpoint.
            Oh Dear, never work for the likes of Experian and Equifax* then...

*Or their customers, for that matter...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Oh Dear, never work for the likes of Experian and Equifax* then...

*Or their customers, for that matter...
              I worked for Experian once, my wife still calls them the grinch that stole Christmas

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                I worked for Experian once, my wife still calls them the grinch that stole Christmas
                I worked for them once too.

And I know exactly what your missus means..

But there are harder faced businesses than them out there, I can tell you.

*cough*cap1*cough*
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  I worked for them once too.

And I know exactly what your missus means..

But there are harder faced businesses than them out there, I can tell you.

*cough*cap1*cough*
                  The problem is not just hard faced, it is also being clueless as to how to manage a situation.

I think that they have fitted a revolving door there now as they are losing so many of their SMT.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                    On Radio 4 yesterday a buddhist monk very eloquently explained the difference between what a person needs and what a person wants.

Having ones needs met leads to happiness
                    Ones wants tend to lead to unhappiness.

We should remember that in our lives. I will try to.

<BB wanders off humming appropriate Stones tune/>
                    A japanese buddhist monk was on tv this morning, called Mr Happiness, he raps his prayers/messages rather than traditional mantra style.. the japanese youth love the idea
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                      A japanese buddhist monk was on tv this morning, called Mr Happiness, he raps his prayers/messages rather than traditional mantra style.. the japanese youth love the idea

Japanese are the friendliest people I have ever met. I was a real surprise to me

Comment

Working...
                      X