• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

muslim coppers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PM was not elected; he inherited the role.
    I guess a lot of you have a valid point.....

Is a choice between Labour, Cons and Libs really democracy?

It's always a case of chosing the lesser of the evils.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      I guess a lot of you have a valid point.....

Is a choice between Labour, Cons and Libs really democracy?

It's always a case of chosing the lesser of the evils.
      anyone other than the incumbent
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        anyone other than the incumbent
        anyone other than the incumbent or that last lot who I cannot believe have changed
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          The PM was not elected; he inherited the role.
          To be fair we don't ever elect a Prime Minister in the UK. We vote for people to "represent" our local parliamentary constituency and the Monarch invites an elected MP to form a Government.
          Anyone that believes that they vote for a Prime Minister in the UK is very confused.

As it happens we've effectively got a 2 party system in the UK where the differences between the parties are so negligable and the MP's are so scared of their party whips that we only have a sham democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            To be fair we don't ever elect a Prime Minister in the UK.
            No, but we know in advance who it is likely to be according to who wins.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Stoning was against christian teaching. Hence the quote.

In fact, I'm struggling to think of any christian teaching that might be construed as advocating violence against others. I'm sure someone will help.
              Don't think there is one. There's one example where 2 people fall dead for lying to God in Acts, but nothing else springs to mind.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's important to remember Islam isn't like Christianity, it's a very tightly integrated mixture of religion and culture. Many people who would vigorously defend the fact they are muslims don't really have any more religious interest than the typical middle-class white guy.
                Makes things harder to keep track of, when 'muslims' talk about what Islam teaches. Just like listening to a typical limp CofE minister talk about Christianity, in fact.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

hmm let me see, how about the story of Noah?

Mass terrorism?

Comment

It's important to remember Islam isn't like Christianity, it's a very tightly integrated mixture of religion and culture. Many people who would vigorously defend the fact they are muslims don't really have any more religious interest than the typical middle-class white guy.
                    Makes things harder to keep track of, when 'muslims' talk about what Islam teaches. Just like listening to a typical limp CofE minister talk about Christianity, in fact.

Everybody has certain principles which they stick by i.e. it affects the way they live and their culture. I have plenty of christian friends who have mixed their religion and culture as it were. They stick by the principles above all else and live life according to them. That's the whole point in a religion.

Comment

Where is the middle-east today after at least three prophets tried to tame the people? I suppose God had to come up with a brutal relegion in order to keep people from being even more brutal to each other.
                      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                      X