• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reasons to emigrate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Sas,

you gave the game away about the Sausage Munching Mrs (no pun intended honest) when you said you've visited Berlin every year for the last 20 years.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, would do that without a serious reason.

Milan.

milan with this statement you have only proved how out of touch and fuddy duddy you are.

HTH
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...934459,00.html
      http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...5040791309.htm
      http://travel.nytimes.com/2006/03/19...ts-berlin.html

And tht is why some of my stash has gone/will be going into Berlin property.
      It was bound to happen eventually, after all Germany is an economic powerhouse and not a nut case.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Sas,

I apologise.

Friends ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          Sas,

I apologise.

Friends ?

Milan.
          milan don't be a twunt all your life.
          Of course we are friends otherwise why would I share with you my investment secrets?
          Now the secret is out Cukkers: buy property in Berlin while its dirt cheap - before they have their boom.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

I think in the long term, 25 year timescales, property will always win no matter where it is

property will always ride with the unederlying inflation of money

Good luck with Berlin

Milan.

Comment

As for emigrating, I’ve already done it. What I’d say is that anything that irritates you at home will be replaced by other irritating things or the same irritating things.

As for your little list;
              UK NL

Daily Mail - De Telegraaf
              Clarkson - most Dutch TV presenters
              CUK posters (??? It’s a WWW)
              PC - Lack of any kind of manners or tact
              Reality TV - was invented in Holland
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                milan with this statement you have only proved how out of touch and fuddy duddy you are.

HTH
                Is there anyone you wont try and bully? you must be a very small man.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  I'm a one legged dwarf.
                  Better than being an agent, anyhow.
                  HTH

Anyway I thought it was a statement of fact. Like describing you as brain-washed.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    As for emigrating, I’ve already done it. What I’d say is that anything that irritates you at home will be replaced by other irritating things or the same irritating things.

As for your little list;
                    UK NL

Daily Mail - De Telegraaf
                    Clarkson - most Dutch TV presenters
                    CUK posters (??? It’s a WWW)
                    PC - Lack of any kind of manners or tact
                    Reality TV - was invented in Holland
                    I don't really mind the Daily Mail, obviously I don't have to read it, and at least it takes a consistent position and expresses it well. As Peregrine Worsthorne once said of the Guardian, I love it because it has a soul, and sometimes I have to read it before I know what I disagree with.

Equally I don't have to read or watch other stuff, but what gets up my nose is when I do, and realise that this is the benighted subculture that surrounds me. This would apply especially to some CUK posters (not you Mich).

It wasn't an "everywhere else is better" rant, it was just a "this is crap" rant. I have wondered over the years if I am happier living abroad because I do no demand as much of other peoples' countries as I do of my own.
                    Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

He bullies Shaunbhoy something rotten
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X