• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 day meeting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask at what point in the two days they will be discussing 'quality assurance' and 'acceptance criteria' and you will attend for those two bits in a consultancy capacity, but make a huge personal sacrifice and carry on working at your desk for the rest of the two days.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I’ve just been ‘invited’ by some directorish functionary with a distinctly Bangalorean sounding name to a project meeting which will start at 0930 tomorrow morning and last until 1700h on Wednesday. Aside from the impertinence of requesting my presence at such short notice, what in heaven’s name is the point of a two day meeting? Is anybody capable of producing useful thoughts after 1 hour in a meeting, never mind two days?

Bloody permiebobs.

2 days is probably a rough estimate of what they need to pick your brains and hand over to Bob & Co before sending you on your merry way. If they do it in 1 day you'll be on your way a day early. What is your notice period ?

Comment

Why not hire a pair of size 40 shoes, gingham trousers a funny wig and a red nose. When you get into the meeting, say 'fck me man, I thought it was a joke'

they will laugh politely and let you leave with dignity.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I have drawn up an alternative agenda for my own contribution to the proceedings;

0930 – 0945 arrive, drink some coffee
          0945h-1030h watch second half of Toulouse v Quins on laptop as I fell asleep half way through the game yesterday
          1030h-1045h break
          1045h-1230h CUK
          1230h-1300h lunch
          1300h-1445h fix matchsticks into eyes for eyes-open sleeping
          1445h-1500h break and coffee
          1500h-1700h discuss functional specs for alternative clientco via skype texting
          1700h-1800h ask a few pointless long winded questions just to drag it all out and make sure I can bill the full 8 hours
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I have drawn up an alternative agenda for my own contribution to the proceedings;

0930 – 0945 arrive, drink some coffee
            0945h-1030h watch second half of Toulouse v Quins on laptop as I fell asleep half way through the game yesterday
            1030h-1045h break
            1045h-1230h CUK
            1230h-1300h lunch
            1300h-1445h fix matchsticks into eyes for eyes-open sleeping
            1445h-1500h break and coffee
            1500h-1700h discuss functional specs for alternative clientco via skype texting
            1700h-1800h ask a few pointless long winded questions just to drag it all out and make sure I can bill the full 8 hours

0945h-1800h CUK

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
              2 days is probably a rough estimate of what they need to pick your brains and hand over to Bob & Co before sending you on your merry way. If they do it in 1 day you'll be on your way a day early. What is your notice period ?

WHS.

There's a lot of pressure to outsource. I'm feeling it too and fighting a rear-guard to save my staff, but I'm not hopeful.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                I'm feeling it too and fighting a rear-guard to save my staff, but I'm not hopeful
                I would not be also if you were my boss.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Yes but what do you know? Nothing at all, apart from some minor algorithmic ability.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    If sasguru was my boss Id have topped myself by now to escape the bile. One of the few people who can out-bile me...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      If sasguru was my boss Id have topped myself by now to escape the bile. One of the few people who can out-bile me...
                      Just think of him as a better alternative than me being your boss.

Comment

Working...
                      X