• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 day meeting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Just think of him as a better alternative than me being your boss.
    I think Id prefer Wilmslow.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Just think of him as a better alternative than me being your boss.

Boss? What is this thing of which you speak? I don’t believe I have one. Ah yes, back in the mists of time, more than 5 years ago I had one of those. Very expensive and annoying; sucked 2/3 of my hourly rate and made me stay in tulipty hotels and made me go to ‘HR assessments’ every 6 months.

You don’t need one.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        Why not hire a pair of size 40 shoes, gingham trousers a funny wig and a red nose. When you get into the meeting, say 'fck me man, I thought it was a joke'

they will laugh politely and let you leave after throwing custard pies in your face and a few buckets of water over you.
        FTFY
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          If sasguru was my boss Id have topped myself by now to escape the bile. One of the few people who can out-bile me...
          Don't flatter yourself.
          You have real bile.
          I have fake bile.
          There is no comparison.

HTH
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Don't flatter yourself.
            You have real bile.
            I have fake bile.
            There is no comparison.

HTH
            Is this sasguru rap?

Or is it sasguru crap?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              If sasguru was my boss Id have topped myself by now to escape the bile. One of the few people who can out-bile me...
              Suicide because of your boss is highly unprofessional, unproductive and not very lucrative, especially when you could stay at home on full sick pay with a stress related illness and do some contracting on the side.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Don't flatter yourself.
                You have real bile.
                I have fake bile.
                There is no comparison.

HTH
                tis true.
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I think the congregation here should suggest a list of buzzwords that you are required to use, at appropriate points, in the meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
                    I think the congregation here should suggest a list of buzzwords that you are required to use, at appropriate points, in the meeting.
                    "Culpability paradigm"
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

"Pipe cleaning"

Comment

Working...
                      X