• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 day meeting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
    I think the congregation here should suggest a list of buzzwords that you are required to use, at appropriate points, in the meeting.
    See my .sig
    If you read the best 3 books in any subject, you'll be in the top 5% of experts in the world.

Comment

"Off-piste testing"

Comment

Don't forget to mention best practice: Shoe Box Testing.
        Last edited by RichardCranium; 18 January 2010, 22:22.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Boss? What is this thing of which you speak? I don’t believe I have one. Ah yes, back in the mists of time, more than 5 years ago I had one of those. Very expensive and annoying; sucked 2/3 of my hourly rate and made me stay in tulipty hotels and made me go to ‘HR assessments’ every 6 months.

You don’t need one.
          Don't kid yourself. If you end up going to that meeting you definitely have a boss.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think the congregation here should suggest a list of buzzwords that you are required to use, at appropriate points, in the meeting.
            Re-envisioneer
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Bleed the air from the system.
              Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
                Bleed the air from the system.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  Don't forget to mention best practice: Shoe Box Testing.
                  I just read that one - cheered me up no end - dunno how I missed that post back in June!
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Am giggling at:

A mnemonic exists to remind practitioners of the processes involved: "big fish, little fish, cardboard box".
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I got out! I delegated a minion to take over for the afternoon!

I watched second half of Toulouse v Quins on the laptop, which was nice, and wrote down some of the buzzwords I heard;

- benchmarking
                      - KPI
                      - Touch base
                      - Keep focused

All in all a bit of a weak harvest, but nevertheless progress toward my goal of winning today’s bulltulip bingo competition.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X