• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1001 reasons NEVER to vote Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 930 more posts to reach my 1001 reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      About 930 more posts to reach my 1001 reasons.
      Can't you wait 5 more minutes?

Comment

New Lie's New Speak:

Gordon promises not to raise income tax ... and then massively increases council tax, national insurance, IR35, stamp duty ... blah de blah de blah ...

Gordon introduced more regulations in 8 years than were introduced in the previous 1000 years, then promises to launch a blitz on bureacracy ...

Gordon promised to reduce the number of civil servants, and went on to recuit more.

The number of public employees has gone up by ~800K under the New Lie.

The number of manufacturing jobs has gone down by ~500K under the New Lie.

The pension scandal: Gordon introduced tax on pension dividends, thereby stealing a billion or two per year from pensions. Maggie Thatcher, school milk snatcher, was a mere beginner.

The pension scandal part deux: public sector workers can retire at 60 at our expense.

Promises to improve living standards but the housing shortage and boom mean that young people cannot afford to get on the housing ladder.

The Iraqi 45 minute lie ... at a push they could have prepared some nice kebabs and a side salad ...

The Butler report ...

'Safety camera' partnerships. Wiltshore SCP introduced speed cameras on the M4. In the last 5 years the average number of deaths on the M4 was much less than 3 per year. Few if any of those were due to speeding.

Richard Brunstrom (Police Chief of North Wales): a man whose thought processes are so twisted that he makes Prescott seem rational and coherent. He said that driving at 31mph in a 30 mph zone (any 30 mph zone) is equivalent to sticking a knife in someone. No it's not you loony!

Fungus

Comment

I hope the Torys do get in - then I can snort some coke, screw a few haws, drink some good licka, and then buy a mutha fu*ka of a gun and blow all you whinging little CAPITALISTs away. And all with the best education money can buy.

JudgeJabber

Comment

Posted by someone else using my account. Not by me.

Pretending to have fathered a son. When Cherie's baby was in fact fathered by another man.

Controlling the press so that this only came out as oblique references to a CD from "The Pretenders".

Comment

Conducting a fanatical jihad against smoking (e.g. just announced it will be banned on naval ships and submarines in a couple of years), and yet for all practical purposes legalizing cannabis which is far more unhealthy both physically and mentally.

Refusing to give householders clear and robust rights to defend themselves and their property against intruders (doubtless to avoid the risk of racial tension, as a disproportionate number of burglars and rapists etc are from ethnic minorities).

Trying relentlessly to shoehorn Britain into "regional structure, for easier assimilation into EU superstate, despite resounding no votes in referenda. (Latest manifestation is reorganization of regional police forces, evidently part of this agenda because Government refuses to consider most natural merger, of Northumberland and Lancashire forces, as these happen to be in different EU-designated regions).

Stitching up serving soldiers in Iraq and police here (e.g. considering charging officers who shot Brazilian guy) to bolster human rights credentials and curry favour among ethnic minorities.

Repeated attempts to curtail rights to jury trial. They're very keen to make some "progress" on this, again as part of some imagined EU conformity.

Almost every initiative and law NL have introduced has been at the behest of the EU (occasionally the US). This compulsive obsession with uniformity, and wishing to ape and accomodate these in all respects, is turning the UK into a "parasite" country and eroding our cultural distinction.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Oh Dear - Unemployment UP for the 10 month

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4527492.stm

The number of people out of work in the UK rose by 72,000 in the three months to October to stand at 1.49 million.
                That left the unemployment rate at 4.9%, up from 4.7% the month before, figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) showed.

The narrower measure of people out of work and claiming unemployment benefit, rose by 10,500 in November to 902,000.

It was the tenth month in a row that the claimant count figure has increased.

And this is AFTER they have massaged the figures, hidden them as invalids or in training or as too soon to count or as long term unemployed.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                  And this is AFTER they have massaged the figures, hidden them as invalids or in training or as too soon to count or as long term unemployed.
                  Don't forget the masses of lemmings partaking in the 'Great Higher Education Con'.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4286664.stm

Comment

The sheer magnitude of deceit New Labour practices against both Parliament and the British people.

Never before have the British people been subjected to such broad, deep and co-ordinated deceit as they have at the hands of New Labour.

Comment

I wish I was that young

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
                      The sheer magnitude of deceit New Labour practices against both Parliament and the British people.

Never before have the British people been subjected to such broad, deep and co-ordinated deceit as they have at the hands of New Labour.
                      Sadly I remember the last Labour government. Perhaps though you mean that their spin machine is much better this time.
                      Why not?

Comment

Working...
                      X