• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terrorists still planning to attack you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chico
    Am I the only one prepared to fight for what is right? I will not be cowed, I will not give in to terrorists, no matter what the misguided think. Thank God we have people in this world who are prepared to fight evil and not submit to it.
    But you are trying to fight evil with evil which will ultimately lead to destruction. Obviously I cannot speak for Jesus but I really don't think that he would have seen things from your point of view Chico. You are as bad as the terrorists you despise because you advocate controlling or destroying them using their own tactics - death and destruction. Doesn't matter whether you fly it under the flag of good or evil people will still die

Comment

I side with chico, kill all the ba*tards.

Comment

I almost side with daywalker

Originally posted by Daywalker
        I side with chico, kill all the ba*tards.
        Kill all the chico's.
        Why not?

Comment

Sir Ian Blair, the commissioner of the Metropolitan police, told a Metropolitan Police Authority conference on terrorism ... You may argue on the current legal position or British government's position, but we are in a different place than before the opening of this century.

No Ian Blair (any relation to our Great Leader ?) you are quite wrong.

You see we are once again,back in Afghanistan.

And fast forward to 1920, Iraq.

La plus ca change ...

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
            Sir Ian Blair, the commissioner of the Metropolitan police, told a Metropolitan Police Authority conference on terrorism ... You may argue on the current legal position or British government's position, but we are in a different place than before the opening of this century.

No Ian Blair (any relation to our Great Leader ?) you are quite wrong.

You see we are once again,back in Afghanistan.

And fast forward to 1920, Iraq.

La plus ca change ...
            I think he meant the opening of THIS century, that is, before 9/11, Afganistan, and Iraq.

Comment

I have viewed with amazement the comments expressed in this thread and it says something when the views expressed by the die hard atheists and pacifists are shared by people who profess Christian faith. The question at hand is whether violence, which leads to killing, can ever be justified especially when it is initiated to prevent the vulnerable being killed? Where the Allies right to kill the Nazis? 6 million Jews died at the hands of Hitler in World War 2, how many more would have died if the Allies had not intervened?

In the modern context Iran has publicly vowed to wipe Israel of the map, should Israel not seek to defend itself by any means necessary?

In an ideal world there would be no violence at all in fact Jesus himself promised that in the new earth …..

"3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Rev: 21

Mind you this is after he has defeated all the forces of evil, led by the devil. (Rev 20)

So when evil exists do you confront it? How do you confront it? Are you culpable if by defending one life you end up taking another? Was the intention of the Defender to subdue or to take out? Does the Bible condone killing ever? Hard questions however the answers certainly do not reside with the pacifists.
              Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

In the modern context Iran has publicly vowed to wipe Israel of the map, should Israel not seek to defend itself by any means necessary?

Absolutely. If one is attacked one should defend oneself. One should not go bludering in interfering in things they think may exist even though they have no proof just because the bully in question has a lot of oil

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                  I have viewed with amazement the comments expressed in this thread ...
                  Not surprising. Thick people often struggle to comprehend their betters.

Actually if you feel so strongly about it, why not volunteer and join up?
                  If you were on patrol in Iraq, I'd feel so much safer and it might save us from your tiring wittering ....
                  Last edited by sasguru; 13 December 2005, 16:17.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

The ISG disagrees with you John.

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                      Not surprising. Thick people often struggle to comprehend their betters.
                      Yes sasguru - very insightful in diagnosing your faults. This is for you too.

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
                      -Martin Luther King, Jr.
                      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Working...
                      X