• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terrorists still planning to attack you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think your take on this is wrong chico. he gave his life, yes, but in doing so, refused to take the life of anyone else - 'lambs to the slaughter' was the phrase used.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
      He gave his life for us and I would gladly give my life to defend the innocent
      Would you gladly give your life to save us from your pointless inane diatribe?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
        Would you gladly give your life to save us from your pointless inane diatribe?
        Excellent !

Come on Chico, Martyr yourself for Saturnalia !

Comment

I know where we differ Chico.

I know I would feel devasted if I lost some or all of my family to a terrorist attack and would find it extremely difficult to maintain the view I just outlined.

This is why things are rarely as black and white as you are being fooled into thinking.

For example how would you feel if one or more of your family, innocent teenagers for example, are carted off to some secure place, without charge, without legal representation and interrogated indefinitely. Or allowed to be kidnapped by a foreign security force and carted off to some dungeon in some God foresaken place. Not knowing when or if they would ever be released.

As I say, it is for the free people to decide when they want to sacrifice their hard won legal protections and freedoms - not the Government or a Police Commissioner.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
            Excellent !

Come on Chico, Martyr yourself for Saturnalia !
            Alfie, I'm waiting for Chico to start quoting Aslan!

Comment

As a committed Christian, by definition I should be willing to die for my principles (and I am). I refuse to give in to hatred and fear. It is far better to die free than to live in chains, the chains of an increasingly illiberal legislative framework. Freedom is more important than life, as so many of our grandparents and great grandparents showed in two world wars.

This attitude of fear, hatred and cowardice from those calling for war, death and killing is playing into the hands of the terrorists. The only response that Christ would have countenanced, and the one I susbscribe to, is to embrace them with our love. Break the cycle of violence and hatred and show them with our actions and our deeds that there is a better way.

Self styled "Christians" calling for war, death and killing, seeking to redefine the ultimate commandment of "thou shalt not kill", maintaining an attitude of "two wrongs make a right" are not any Christians that Christ would have recognised.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerxes
                As a committed Christian, by definition I should be willing to die for my principles (and I am). I refuse to give in to hatred and fear. It is far better to die free than to live in chains, the chains of an increasingly illiberal legislative framework. Freedom is more important than life, as so many of our grandparents and great grandparents showed in two world wars.

This attitude of fear, hatred and cowardice from those calling for war, death and killing is playing into the hands of the terrorists. The only response that Christ would have countenanced, and the one I susbscribe to, is to embrace them with our love. Break the cycle of violence and hatred and show them with our actions and our deeds that there is a better way.

Self styled "Christians" calling for war, death and killing, seeking to redefine the ultimate commandment of "thou shalt not kill", maintaining an attitude of "two wrongs make a right" are not any Christians that Christ would have recognised.
                Hear hear! I suspect that Chico is not of English origin though - which would explain his misunderstanding of the Anglo approach to Freedom
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Am I the only one prepared to fight for what is right? I will not be cowed, I will not give in to terrorists, no matter what the misguided think. Thank God we have people in this world who are prepared to fight evil and not submit to it.
                  Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

So can we expect to see you

Am I the only one prepared to fight for what is right? I will not be cowed, I will not give in to terrorists, no matter what the misguided think. Thank God we have people in this world who are prepared to fight evil and not submit to it.
                    blowing up mosques anytime soon, chico?

And you are giving in to terrorists (although you may not recognise Bush and Blair in that role, in my book they are) if by terrorists you mean those who would affect the lives of others by their actions and their blind unreasoning hatred of 'the other' (i.e. non-s*c**l*sts!).
                    Why not?

Comment

But are you prepared to fight for what you believe to be right, or are you a physical as well as a moral coward? Somehow I suspect you expect others to do your fighting for you as part of your thinly disguised zionist agenda. It is no wonder that true Christians like Xerxes are sickened by your hate filled diatribe.

Comment

Working...
                      X