• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are Contractors Overpaid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Joey, how much do you think gladiators were paid?

They were doing it for their freedom!
    , i like that......made me chuckle...

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      I only get paid the minimum wage
      Lucky bugger. I have to ask the Co Sec for pocket money.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        I only get paid the minimum wage
        not getting dividends on top then?
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
          not getting dividends on top then?
          Part of my income is from dividends
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

I think joey is getting overpaid
            £500/day in this market

Comment

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
              So after six months contracting I still dont get why contractors are paid the money they are

Seriously where else in the UK can you open up a sham Ltd and start invoicing £500 a day + VAT - I just dont know

And what amazes me more then anything is that contractors are NOT 'experts' in their fields - Sure they get stuff done and can follow orders but is nt that also what a grad fresh out of college can do??

I might seriously be naive but can anyone RATIONALISE and justify why contractors get the rate they ask for (and how senior IT management dont look at the numbers and fall off their chairs)
              Yip, great init. I made 550 a day last year for 6 months and did nothing more that write a few SQL statements... those were the days ...

Comment

There is a wise old project managers saying in contractor circles:

You can overpay some contractors all of the time, or you can overpay all the contractors some of the time, but you can't overpay all the contractors all of the time.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                X