• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

snowbound and stranded at home, relying on lifts from neighbours in their 4x4s

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    cheap winter tyres

£930 is a bit steep!!!
    it says £130 FOR SET OF 4 FITTED TO YOUR CAR
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      it says £130 FOR SET OF 4 FITTED TO YOUR CAR
      "MATCHING PAIRS" - wot, no matching sets of four?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        cheap winter tyres

£930 is a bit steep!!!
        Yep, the quote was for Vredestein Ultrac Extremes. However, they`re 18" wheels (225*45*18 and 255*40*18).. THink I`m better off getting a cheap banger for winter and bunging some winters on that, except I have no room for two cars at present

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
          Yep, the quote was for Vredestein Ultrac Extremes. However, they`re 18" wheels (225*45*18 and 255*40*18).. THink I`m better off getting a cheap banger for winter and bunging some winters on that, except I have no room for two cars at present
          Park it on my drive, I have room for about 9 vehicles and have only got the two now.

It is in S Wales mind

Comment

My car is rear wheel drive - it doesn't do snow
            We have a couple of inches up here in Manchester I took my car out once on Monday to the local shops to buy some heavy stuff, slithered all over my road and will not take it out again until I can see the tarmac!

I will walk or take taxis.
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Blimey!

The snow is really chucking down here now!

Comment

hmmm...it keeps starting and stopping here. But i live up Pontypridd way and it's coming down up there now. AS long as i can get home I'm happy, may have to give the mother-in-laws a miss tomorow....ahhh well

Comment

Snow is actually starting to settle on the freshly gritted road now. as low as - 4 deg forecast for tonight, so the roads tomorrow are going to be impassable.

Mrs D may have to stay home from work

Comment

thats the reports i've had from back home. Problem is I have a Mario Kart final against a permie at 3pm so i have to stay around to beat him (yep I'm that busy today!!)

Comment

I can see the main road from my window.

Traffic is now moving at walking pace through the slushy snow that now covers the road

Comment

Working...
                      X