• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

snowbound and stranded at home, relying on lifts from neighbours in their 4x4s

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Top tip:

Over the last 3 days my drive has developed its own mini glacier, half a bag of dishwasher salt did the trick.
    I'm short on salt whatever I had left I emptied at the top of the drive, so I have 5 ft clear and 25ft not.

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    They do. I live well outside the M25 and have had them deliver.
    OK - they have expanded, but not to my postcode. But this info is useful, it shows I CAN walk back....

Shop for groceries in branch:
    Step 1 Book a delivery slot
    Step 2 Shop and pay in branch
    Step 3 Leave your bags at the checkout
    Step 4 We'll deliver to your door
    Minimum order? You can use this service for orders of any value
    Costs £5 for delivery of orders less than £50
    £3 for delivery of orders over £50
    Only problem is, it doesn't say where you book the delivery slot in the first place????

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    PPPPPP

My folks live on the edge of Dartmoor. It seems like you need similar winter precautions for your neck of the woods...

You'd probably be alright with snow socks which you can also drive (sensibly) on cleared roads.
    Snow socks? WTF are snow socks? Oh do you mean these? - are they any good? Do you need to take them off again once you reach a gritted road?
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
    X