• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unreliable weather reports

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Bleeding freezing here this morning -4 deg on my thermometer. took me 1/2 hour to unfreeze the locks on my car, then had to rock the car back and forth because the back brakes were frozen on!
    My thermometer was frozen up. I had to thaw it out in order to read it however, it was warmer than I seemed.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      My thermometer was frozen up. I had to thaw it out in order to read it however, it was warmer than I seemed.
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Where is the bleeding BBQ Summer! I am still waiting!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Where is the bleeding BBQ Summer! I am still waiting!
          Russkies!

They never could handle the cold

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Well, it was sooo cold this morning I had to melt my breath before I could hear what I just said.

HTH
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

They said it was going to warm up in South Wales. NO MORE SNOW!

Well it started snowing 1/2 hour ago and has already dropped over an inch of snow.

LIARS!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Volgograd

or Волгогра́д if you prefer

(Although if you insist on your archaic formulation: Сталингра́д​)
                Сталинград or Волгоград, no accents on the Cyrillic 'd'

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Сталинград or Волгоград, no accents on the Cyrillic 'd'
                  Sorry

Now go to Wikipedia and fix it - I just cut'n'paste when it comes to Cyrillic

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Sorry

Now go to Wikipedia and fix it - I just cut'n'paste when it comes to Cyrillic
                    Hehe! they're the stress marks to indicate the stressed syllable, not printed normally, actually on the final 'a' dunno why they moved on C and P....

Night-shift pedantry, eh? Still, a job's a job.....

Comment

Working...
                    X