• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Unreliable weather reports"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Sorry

Now go to Wikipedia and fix it - I just cut'n'paste when it comes to Cyrillic
    Hehe! they're the stress marks to indicate the stressed syllable, not printed normally, actually on the final 'a' dunno why they moved on C and P....

Night-shift pedantry, eh? Still, a job's a job.....

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Сталинград or Волгоград, no accents on the Cyrillic 'd'
    Sorry

Now go to Wikipedia and fix it - I just cut'n'paste when it comes to Cyrillic

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Volgograd

or Волгогра́д if you prefer

(Although if you insist on your archaic formulation: Сталингра́д​)
    Сталинград or Волгоград, no accents on the Cyrillic 'd'

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    They said it was going to warm up in South Wales. NO MORE SNOW!

Well it started snowing 1/2 hour ago and has already dropped over an inch of snow.

LIARS!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    My thermometer was frozen up. I had to thaw it out in order to read it however, it was warmer than I seemed.
    Well, it was sooo cold this morning I had to melt my breath before I could hear what I just said.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Where is the bleeding BBQ Summer! I am still waiting!
    Russkies!

They never could handle the cold

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Where is the bleeding BBQ Summer! I am still waiting!

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    My thermometer was frozen up. I had to thaw it out in order to read it however, it was warmer than I seemed.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Bleeding freezing here this morning -4 deg on my thermometer. took me 1/2 hour to unfreeze the locks on my car, then had to rock the car back and forth because the back brakes were frozen on!

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by wxman View Post
    Actually it IS accurate but only covers the County of Leicestershire. England as it runs on a quad core desktop PC "Server".

To expand the forecast area any further would require massive processing power which I do not have.
    Ah! we're talking a micro-climate then. understandable.
    I live hafe way up a mountainside in Wales, we have snow when people in Brighton are sunbathing

Leave a comment:

• wxman
    replied
    Forecast for my home (Mountsorrel / Rothley) @ 09:00am

forecast Actual
    Temp -3C -4.7C
    Dew Point -6C -6C
    Pressure 1014Mb 1013Mb
    Weather Clear Clear

Leave a comment:

• wxman
    replied
    Actually it IS accurate but only covers the County of Leicestershire. England as it runs on a quad core desktop PC "Server".

To expand the forecast area any further would require massive processing power which I do not have.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by wxman View Post
    Hmm!

That could be accurate if you were travelling from the south of France to Florida and back via the North Pole and collecting met data on the way

Leave a comment:

• wxman
    replied
    Write your own weather forecast

http://www.stormtrack.co.uk/Pages/Weather-Forecast.aspx

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Bleeding freezing here this morning -4 deg on my thermometer. took me 1/2 hour to unfreeze the locks on my car, then had to rock the car back and forth because the back brakes were frozen on!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X