• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Local SKA News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I think I see the problem

Due to this being compared to Google the assumption is that it is similar to Google when it is quite clearly not.

I would imagine Google Analyticals is more similar to your product than the google which we all know and love as a search engine.

Which in essence for the average joe on the street means nothing because I cannot use your site in the way that I can use google and so the comparison in terms of discovering over 1 trillion (or whatever) websites is kind of pointless -- from an average Joe point of view.
    Indeed, RIGHT now it is not mass use. The goal however is mass use but we can only get there if we master backlinks and relevancy _AND_ prevent time wasters from having their way

The comparison with Google's index size is valid in a sense that it shows that our web graph is of the same scale, this means we've got a chance to analyse the web the way they do, and discover how to rank sites as well as they do.

It's a step in a long journey.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Are you telling me you have finally mastered sarcasm?
      AtW has outsourced his Sarcasm operation to me. Being a Russki, he is no good at it, so I now have the franchise.
      I like that tie Dodgy, it's really nice. it suits you, gives you gravitas

memo to self - invoice AtW £1.67
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

So explain how what you do would benefit a humble little recruitment agency?
        Hire SEO team they'd explain this to you in detail.

Then they might use our services to help them do their job.

We are PART of the toolset used - by itself it's not enough, so we don't market our service to final clients, only to people who do SEO (which can be in house team in the client).

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

We are PART of the toolset used - by itself it's not enough, so we don't market our service to final clients, only to people who do SEO (which can be in house team in the client).
          I think I'll stick to talking to people
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

We are PART of the toolset used...
            He's right. He is a tool.

Comment

I think I'll stick to talking to people
              *hangs up*

Comment

Working...
              X