• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office party last night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    In all honesty, is it true the Guinness is better in Ireland or is that just the marketing?
    All our Guinness comes from Ireland, so it should taste the same because it is the same.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      In all honesty, is it true the Guinness is better in Ireland or is that just the marketing?
      I won't drink it over here, I've found it is very different (seems to be a lighter consistency and a more bitter taste) and even in the town I come from it differs from pub to pub.

There are very few mainstream pubs that look after the pipes etc or pour it properly. It is very rare you find a pub that serves a "decent pint", but I'm no expert as I only drink it maybe once a year or 2.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Some weirdo permie just came and told me ´no contractors allowed at tonight´s office party´ with that ´nah na na nah na´ tone in his voice.

I resisted the urge to say ´I´m out Michelin star bagging this evening; Restaurant De Librije. That’ll make ten stars this week. Nah na na nah na.’
        Didn't you go there last year and get abused by the chef????
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I never found anything that makes a hangover feel better. I can't bring myself to eat let alone drink booze when I'm struggling not to vomit - I tend to feel sick more than headachy.

Never tried drinking when hungover, maybe it's worth a shot next time I have a day to waste
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I never found anything that makes a hangover feel better. I can't bring myself to eat let alone drink booze when I'm struggling not to vomit - I tend to feel sick more than headachy.

Never tried drinking when hungover, maybe it's worth a shot next time I have a day to waste

So besides eating nothing and drinking nothing you've never found anything to make a hangover feel better.

I wonder why that is?

(hints: low blood sugar and dehydration)

Next time, have a fried breakfast and either a pint of tea or a pint of lager. You'll be sorted within 20 minutes.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
            X