• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is how to sort out the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dog's Heinous
    Dog's Heinous
    Farting out wisdom to the uneducated masses...
    FTFY
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

12)Make it compulsory for all able-bodied people over the age of 5 years to do at least two sessions of exercise per week. The sessions must last at least 30 minutes and must be on different dates (ie you can't get away with doing a single 1 hour session per week).
      Bleeding 'ell. What is this, North Korea? Not joined up there. You could combine this with your public transport scheme. Buses should have no seats or floors, just a bar you hang on to. You have to run like hell to keep up.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Dog's Heinous
        Could you please enlighten me as to the meaning of 'FTFY'? I keep seeing it posted on this forum.

Cheers,
        Dog's Heinous
        Throw your tv in the bin and get a life.
        http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/FTFY

If only there was some kind of engine that you could use to search the web. Maybe someone should invent it - I reckon it would be a Super Killer Application
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Bleeding 'ell. What is this, North Korea? Not joined up there. You could combine this with your public transport scheme. Buses should have no seats or floors, just a bar you hang on to. You have to run like hell to keep up.
          Good plan - helps reduce CO2 emissions as well if there is no engine. Kind of like The Flintstones, really, when you think about it.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

A bit of googling and I managed to find Dog's Heinous' facebook picture

http://www.uncoached.com/wp-content/...wrestler_3.jpg
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

ridiculous

OVERSEAS AID

Spending on overseas aid will rise to 0.7 per cent of gross national income by 2013

this should have been cut to zero

what have they ever gven us ?
              i suspect they wouldnt piss on the uk if it were on fire

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
                OVERSEAS AID

Spending on overseas aid will rise to 0.7 per cent of gross national income by 2013

this should have been cut to zero

i suspect they wouldnt piss on the uk if it were on fire
                given
                wouldn't
                UK

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
                Tea
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Looks like a lot of that came from the BNP and UKIP manifesto
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog's Heinous View Post
                    This is how I would sort out the UK...
                    I was psyching myself up for a long response, commenting upon most of the things you said. I see where you are coming from and I can see the sense in some of it so it was not going to be a personal attack.

Sadly, the poor spelling, grammar and punctuation eventually got to me. I can handle someone having a rant and their English deteriorating as a consequence, but your standard of writing is poor in a way suggesting you were either badly educated or unable to be educated well. That does you a great disservice in that it makes your opinions appear less worthy, which is a shame, for you clearly have something to say.

For examples, I do believe you are right about getting coppers on the beat (it is why the Police force was invented, FFS) and respecting alien cultures, and whilst I would like to see a simplified tax system (history has repeatedly shown government intervention in new markets by taxation is A Bad Idea) I just know the buggers would use it as a means to complicate things and raise even more tax.

Instead I shall simply say: the changes required to enact your proposals would themselves have negative social implications that I do not believe you have considered. Many of those actions would have unpleasant consequences for each individual which would outweigh the benefits to the whole.

Attractive and simple a such things appear to be, the "state" or "nation" or "the majority" do not need rights and protection; individuals need rights and protection.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Broken windows & zero tolerance work.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Fixing_Broken_Windows

More attention paid to low level crime unnerve serious criminals. More Police on the beat works. Building trust does create a better level of detection, any support person here will confirm 'walking the floor' works to improve fault resolution and customer confidence.

This guy has most of the right ideas but I have a suspicion he has gone too far if the reports are true.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...st-Lawman.html

Many may have been lifted from the BNP manifesto but some of my intellectual heroes are Sun Tzu & Machievelli, does that make the wisdom they impart bad? I wouldn't invite them to dinner.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X