• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This is how to sort out the UK"

Collapse

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Dog's Heinous View Post
    [I]

1) Withdraw from Europe so that the UK is no longer bound by European laws and can no longer be controlled in any way by Europe (ie stop people taking the UK for a ride at the European court of human rights etc). This one comes first because it paves the way for all the other changes - people would not then be able to go crying to European court to override the rest of the stuff on this list. Human rights are important, but so are the interests of the majority. It's a balance. So lets make up our own laws about that, which we control.

Dog's Heinous
    Tellin' it like it is!
    You obviously havent thought it through!

The European Court Of Human Rights is the only court that can keep this insane govt. in check. Do away with the ECHR and you are effectively living in a police state.

Of course you wont realise how valuable the ECHR is until you fall foul of an unfair law passed by this Labour govt.

Retrospective taxation is a good example. See the BN66 thread:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...al-review.html

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Dog's Heinous
    I am not Cyberwotshisname. Nor am I his sockpuppet.

I don't know whether you will be surprised to know this, but I would guess that I've been browsing this forum for longer than 95 percent of the people who have posted here in the last 12 months. Someone on here claimed that Threaded only registered in 2005. I was surprised at that, as I perceive him as a CUK old-timer. 2005 seems like recent history to me, in the context of CUK.

Dog's Heinous
    Put them fools straight, mate!
    How exciting.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    How about uranus?
    Outer solar system I believe. You don't seem to be very informed.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    I was referring to Luxembourg, Strasbourg or Timbuktu.
    Timbuktu isn't in Europe.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    CyberSpoon and xoggoth were always circle jerking to each others views on Islam. In fact xoggoth was the only one that would put up with him.

You have a good point mitch.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Another nit-picker/ego-tripper (ie look how clever I am, demonstrating my knowledge of European politics & law). I suppose you are slightly less pathetic than the other tossers who try to score points by highlighting where I've missed an appostraphe or made some other typo in a 1600-word post.

When I refer to pulling out of Europe, I obviously use the term "Europe" in the layman's sense. There is enough detail in my original post to enable anyone with half a brain to understand what I was getting at with that point. Only a pathetic pedant with time to waste would bother to nit-pick about whether I was referring to Luxembourg, Strasbourg or Timbuktu.

Dog's Heinous
    Not suffering fools gladly!
    No, I'm not clever. It's you who's thick.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    A bloke left a parcel with me today for the neighbours. They were very glad when I took it round to them. So that was nice.
    Taking the fools' posts apart, piece-by-piece and comprehensively destroying their arguments!
    Sorry? Did I hear someone fart?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    assguru - please give the user account back to the one with the brain cell (just the one!).
    Have you ever licked the chutney spoon in an Indian restaurant and then put it back?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Which court are you talking about exactly?
    The point I was making that ECHR has nothing to do with EU membership however,

ECHR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europea...f_Human_Rights

Re: Russian compliance

http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/londonmet...y/u70061_3.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Addanc = DH

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    well that was quite a head of steam he built up there, wasn't it?

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Prior to making a complete ass of yourself, go an learn about the differences between the EU and the European Court. The EU is not the European Court and if we come out of Europe then like Norway and Russian (who are not in the EU), they are still bound by the rules of the European Court.
    Which court are you talking about exactly?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Addanc View Post
    I would image that EU Court rulings would have the same weight as Balsa wood in Russia.
    Russian court rulings have about the same weight as balsa wood in Russia.

Leave a comment:

• Addanc
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Prior to making a complete ass of yourself, go an learn about the differences between the EU and the European Court. The EU is not the European Court and if we come out of Europe then like Norway and Russian (who are not in the EU), they are still bound by the rules of the European Court.
    Please elaborate, I would image that EU Court rulings would have the same weight as Balsa wood in Russia.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Yes, but probably quite poorly.
    Actually, he probably would have classed as "useless to society" and sent to the gas chambers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X