• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darling to shelve NHS IT system

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Robin Turton was the Secretary of State for Health, when Eden was Prime Minister.

Charges were first introduced under Chuchill in 1952, and under Eden it was changed from a price per prescription to a price per item. After three years, the charge was doubled under the MacMillan administration.

So, in short, what kind of idiot thought up the idea - a tory.

HTH.
    You go trying to buy those same items abroad, then you'll know why you get so much Rx spam and why people flock to the UK. Even on a line item basis, it's a bargin.

And, ahem, one of the reasons why HAB is/was in the UK.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Dear AtW,

Please prove how easy these IT systems are by implementing a working search engine on your website.

Yours,

Dim

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Dear AtW,

Please prove how easy these IT systems are by implementing a working search engine on your website.

Yours,

Dim

Too busy to post - finishing off big release, if this was taxpayer funded to be made by the usual suspects it would have cost quazillion gasillion gold pounds.

I'll be back...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Too busy to post - finishing off big release, if this was taxpayer funded to be made by the usual suspects it would have cost quazillion gasillion gold pounds.

I'll be back...
          It has taken you 6 years to put persistance into a screen scraper, hardly an inspiring track record.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            It has taken you 6 years to put persistance into a screen scraper, hardly an inspiring track record.
            I've been longer on this forum - it was the main thing that helped me survive permiedom at my previous place of work

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I'll be back...
              I'd say - 40 odd years of no action will do that to ya!

Comment

It's offensive so much cash has been spent on this system.

If they got a Mac they could have had it up and running for a few £K..
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

It might not work, but at least the doctor's surgery would look hip and stylish!

Comment

Working...
                      X