• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

world cup group

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

Not that you sound bitter or anything ....
    I don't really bother about International football, in fact I had 550 quid on England beating Scotland when Scholes scored 2, I very very nearly put down 400 on Scotland to win at Wembley on 9-1, I did not though. Damn.

I/We just get bored of the whole Diana type emotional thing you lot have to go through, every game will have 10 minutes on the England team during half time.

I'm more interested in watching a footbal tournament that watching 2 weeks of England are going to win, all day, every day, then the 'we were robbed' stuff for the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I don't really bother about International football, in fact I had 550 quid on England beating Scotland when Scholes scored 2, I very very nearly put down 400 on Scotland to win at Wembley on 9-1, I did not though. Damn.

I/We just get bored of the whole Diana type emotional thing you lot have to go through, every game will have 10 minutes on the England team during half time.

I'm more interested in watching a footbal tournament that watching 2 weeks of England are going to win, all day, every day, then the 'we were robbed' stuff for the next week.

In the same way I'm not bothered about the champions league... as a Bristol City supporter.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Hills are now putting England at 5/1.

Bookies are just lowering to protect from idiots with too much money.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Maybe you could watch it on ESPN or something, to avoid all that guff?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Maybe you could watch it on ESPN or something, to avoid all that guff?
            I'm sure England will win

Comment

They have a fair shot. But there's far too much chance involved. Our group looks quite fun, though USA are by no means a joke team these days.

Anyone know if games will be shown at times amenable to the UK?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                They have a fair shot. But there's far too much chance involved. Our group looks quite fun, though USA are by no means a joke team these days.

Anyone know if games will be shown at times amenable to the UK?
                Absolute perfection, games are 12:30, 3:00 and 7:30s

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-c...739&ver=global

I'm taking the month off.

Comment

Working...
                X