• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: world cup group

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "world cup group"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    They have a fair shot. But there's far too much chance involved. Our group looks quite fun, though USA are by no means a joke team these days.

Anyone know if games will be shown at times amenable to the UK?
    Absolute perfection, games are 12:30, 3:00 and 7:30s

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-c...739&ver=global

I'm taking the month off.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    They have a fair shot. But there's far too much chance involved. Our group looks quite fun, though USA are by no means a joke team these days.

Anyone know if games will be shown at times amenable to the UK?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Maybe you could watch it on ESPN or something, to avoid all that guff?
    I'm sure England will win

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I don't really bother about International football, in fact I had 550 quid on England beating Scotland when Scholes scored 2, I very very nearly put down 400 on Scotland to win at Wembley on 9-1, I did not though. Damn.

I/We just get bored of the whole Diana type emotional thing you lot have to go through, every game will have 10 minutes on the England team during half time.

I'm more interested in watching a footbal tournament that watching 2 weeks of England are going to win, all day, every day, then the 'we were robbed' stuff for the next week.
    Maybe you could watch it on ESPN or something, to avoid all that guff?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Hills are now putting England at 5/1.

Bookies are just lowering to protect from idiots with too much money.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I don't really bother about International football, in fact I had 550 quid on England beating Scotland when Scholes scored 2, I very very nearly put down 400 on Scotland to win at Wembley on 9-1, I did not though. Damn.

I/We just get bored of the whole Diana type emotional thing you lot have to go through, every game will have 10 minutes on the England team during half time.

I'm more interested in watching a footbal tournament that watching 2 weeks of England are going to win, all day, every day, then the 'we were robbed' stuff for the next week.

In the same way I'm not bothered about the champions league... as a Bristol City supporter.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

Not that you sound bitter or anything ....

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Good draw for England.

IMHO, Groups A & H look like they could be interesting.

2010 World Cup draw

Group A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France

Group B: Argentina, South Korea, Nigeria, Greece

Group C: England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia

Group D: Germany, Australia, Ghana, Serbia

Group E: Netherlands, Japan, Cameroon, Denmark

Group F: Italy, New Zealand, Paraguay, Slovakia

Group G: Brazil, North Korea, Ivory Cost, Portugal

Group H: Spain, Honduras, Chile, Switzerland

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    You will mention '66 about 4,000 times, we will have to 'go across to the England camp' every hour to hear John Terry describe team moral and what colour every player's turds were in the morning.

When England get bombed out at some point we will have to go through the tradiational stages of England losing another campaign.

Anger
    Crying
    Injustice
    Blame

and the usual promise that we have been hearing for 43 years of...

'In 4 years time'

Then the penalty missers will be doing adverts.

England do not have a chance really.

Not that you sound bitter or anything ....

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Who have Scotland got?
    You will mention '66 about 4,000 times, we will have to 'go across to the England camp' every hour to hear John Terry describe team moral and what colour every player's turds were in the morning.

When England get bombed out at some point we will have to go through the tradiational stages of England losing another campaign.

Anger
    Crying
    Injustice
    Blame

and the usual promise that we have been hearing for 43 years of...

'In 4 years time'

Then the penalty missers will be doing adverts.

England do not have a chance really.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Wooden Spoon?
    You don't even get that unless you're invited to tun up

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Early bath for the hosts?

Who have Scotland got?
    Wooden Spoon?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    People who like football, feel free to not comment if you have no interested.
    Feel free to post these football related threads in Light Relief...

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Wgas?
    People who like football, feel free to not comment if you have no interested.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Wgas?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X